Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rust on passenger seat rails

hi everyone,
I test drove a 2014 Fiesta ST with about 50K miles on it. No rust to be seen on initial inspection. Runs nice, drives great. One issue I found was rust on the passenger seat rails...is this something I should worry about? I couldn't see other evidence of corrosion on the vehicle. I suspect its from moisture gathering in those cavities and not being cleaned out (the car came from Georgia where it's humid, then Iowa where it's snowy) Is this just superficial or sign of a big problem? I welcome your advice...

.. https___s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.jpg

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Interesting the previous owner could have been messy and spilled stuff on it. Maybe a wet towel or rag?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Thats probably from a spill that wasnt dealt with. It looks like surface rust only. If concerned, take some sand paper and remove the rust, then use rustolium for paint and further rust prevention.

Iowa + Sno = Salty Slush carried into the vehicle by slushy shoes. It's what keeps those high dollar floormat makers in business. Obviously in your cars case the owner was a bit cheap.

Those are way nicer than the rails on the driver's side of my 2014 Fiesta. I've got WeatherTech mats but Chicago winters are harsh and the stuff they use to keep the roads clear of snow/ice is more harsh. It never made sense to me trying to keep those rails clean. Water just wants to pool there.

I wouldn't worry about the rust. It looks cosmetic. If it bugs you do what LastMK7 said and give it a good sand and hit it with some paint. I'd be tempted to do it myself, but I'd probably make it worse.