Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ruthenium plugs, who here has use them?

felopr

I switch from the ngk iridium 1 step colder plugs that everyone uses, to the new ngk ruthenium 1 step colder plugs.
If you go to NGK page and search the fiesta st, the only plugs that came back are the Ruthenium LTR6BHX https://www.ngk.com/NGK-Automotive-Parts-c1411.aspx
unlike the iridium that don't appear, either on stock heat or 1 step colder
I guess that was the reason i wanted to try them
Just change the 6 for a 7 (LTR7BHX) and that makes them 1 step colder.
I am on stock turbo with a dizzy stage 2 flash tune
The one that arrived where gap to like between 0.28 to 0.29 when i measure them with a feeler gauge, i gap them to 0.27 with a feeler gauge and a spark plug gap tool
The iridiums that i had before where gap to 0.26
I only have them install less than a day and from what i can tell, the idle and low rpm feels smoother in my opinion
Also the hesitation from when starting the car is gone, if you have use the iridium one colder spark plugs, you know what i am talking about. Or is it just me?
Just trying to gather feedback to see if anyone feel the same way as me
20190806_181759.jpg

Interested I just bought the regular 1-step colder plugs this past weekend. Didn't know there was such a thing as a spark plug gapper tool, where can I get one?

OP
felopr

felopr

Thread Starter #3

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I switch from the ngk iridium 1 step colder plugs that everyone uses, to the new ngk ruthenium 1 step colder plugs.
If you go to NGK page and search the fiesta st, the only plugs that came back are the Ruthenium LTR6BHX https://www.ngk.com/NGK-Automotive-Parts-c1411.aspx
unlike the iridium that don't appear, either on stock heat or 1 step colder
I guess that was the reason i wanted to try them
Just change the 6 for a 7 (LTR7BHX) and that makes them 1 step colder.
I am on stock turbo with a dizzy stage 2 flash tune
The one that arrived where gap to like between 0.28 to 0.29 when i measure them with a feeler gauge, i gap them to 0.27 with a feeler gauge and a spark plug gap tool
The iridiums that i had before where gap to 0.26
I only have them install less than a day and from what i can tell, the idle and low rpm feels smoother in my opinion
Also the hesitation from when starting the car is gone, if you have use the iridium one colder spark plugs, you know what i am talking about. Or is it just me?
Just trying to gather feedback to see if anyone feel the same way as me
View attachment 22496
Never knew NGK had a updated sparkler for our engines...nice to know! Good Catch!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
@M-Sport fan recently installed a set, I believe.
Yes, installed them about a month or so ago.

The idle seems a bit smoother than the 20K mile factory plugs did, but I did not check the mileage since install, and since I got the factory heat range version of these (they DO offer a one step colder version as well), the WOT throttle response is very close to the factory igniters, and maybe a little bit smoother.

Business6

@ron@whoosh any chance we'll be seeing these on the Whoosh site soon?

Would love a pregapped option like the NGK iridium just because I'm too lazy to gap them myself lol.
lol, same.

I didn't really like how the car felt with the 1 step colder Iridiums. Curious to pick up a set of these but also wonder if anything would be changed from the Stage 2 Dizzy tune

OP
felopr

felopr

Thread Starter #11
lol, same.

I didn't really like how the car felt with the 1 step colder Iridiums. Curious to pick up a set of these but also wonder if anything would be changed from the Stage 2 Dizzy tune
not really, the ECU itself is very smart, and any small variables the ECU just deals with it by itself

OP
felopr

felopr

Thread Starter #12

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Just ordered a set myself. RockAuto is about $20 cheaper all in compared to NGK themselves. I do like the T-Shirt, just dunno if it is worth that much cash.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Just received theses plugs today from NGK. Set gap to .026. First impression is the engine fired quicker, idles much smoother, and the throttle response is a tad faster.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just received theses plugs today from NGK. Set gap to .026. First impression is the engine fired quicker, idles much smoother, and the throttle response is a tad faster.
What plug...stock or step colder?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk