Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

s280 tuning questions

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the newb questions, but never really messed with an accessport before and had some questions, first of which is about getting a tune at all. If i install the kit, is a tune necessary to get it to run well, or does it just optimize everything? I bought the Mountune MP215 kit, and installed it on the car. Since it's a cobb accessport, does this mean i can use it to install a tune from Dizzy or any other custom tuners? Given the crackdown by the EPA, does that limit the accessport to install custom tunes altogether? Lastly, can anyone from Cali comment on a custom tune with the kit passing SMOG?

Thanks,

Sean

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I run a Stage 2 tune and replaced my Cobb d/p with the stock one and it passed even with a minor evap problem.

You need a custom tune for s280. The wastegate duty cycle calibration for a stock turbo is way to aggressive for the bigger turbo. You will smash into a boost cut safety that will prevent you from enjoying the turbo at all. As long as you have the access port you should be able to purchase a tune from a remote tuner. You should go check out some of the different tuners, and get used to logging the data that they will want to see before installing the turbo. Also, if you are in California good luck passing emissions.