Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S280 with Turbosmart 14psi IWG

Hey guys,
I have a slight problem with the IWG from turbosmart. I installed the wastegate but when I accelerate the car it doesn’t hold boost to where is “supposed” to, it’s starts to drop and come back again like if the wastegate valve arm is opening and closing. Ex. It’s goes from 24 to 18 or lower and the boost keeps dropping and rising during the whole acceleration. I’ve tried to play with the pre load thinking it was to tight or something along does lines. This did not happened with the stock WG that it came with. Is it a pre load problem that I’m doing wrong or is it a tune problem that needs to be fixed?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Did you take the turbo off to install the wastegate? IWG should crack open, then get forced open further as exhaust pressure builds. It shouldn't open/close/open/close. That sounds to me like either your WGDC is screwy or you have a boost leak somewhere.

OP
Firekoning
Thread Starter #3
Did you take the turbo off to install the wastegate? IWG should crack open, then get forced open further as exhaust pressure builds. It shouldn't open/close/open/close. That sounds to me like either your WGDC is screwy or you have a boost leak somewhere.
Hmmm. But the thing is that with the stock WG it doesn’t do this. So it cannot be a boost leak. Would it be a tune problem then?
Oh and sorry I did not take the turbo off. I’d just installed it with the turbo on the car since it was already installed couple of months ago.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hmmm. But the thing is that with the stock WG it doesn’t do this. So it cannot be a boost leak. Would it be a tune problem then?

Oh and sorry I did not take the turbo off. I’d just installed it with the turbo on the car since it was already installed couple of months ago.
Yeah it’s probably the tune then if you didn’t take anything off to swap the wastegate actuator.