Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

s280

Anyone running s280 turbo? i want to upgrade my car with this one. Any accelaration videos will appreciate.

wetwea33

Anyone running s280 turbo? i want to upgrade my car with this one. Any accelaration videos will appreciate.
Theres a whole big thread on it here I would start there but people really don't post videos on here. I would check the Facebook group. It's the best turbo for the money for this car I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Is this turbo is reliable for this stock engine? I put it in stock engine without injectors i wont push it up more than 1.5 bar. i wont safe upgrade.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The turbo is pretty new so there is little data on its reliability. From what I have seen it is reliable so far. 1.5 bar is well within the safety margins.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The other s280 thread needs to be cleaned up. Lots of off topic non s280 chatter. I watched since the beginning and bailed weeks ago because of it. OP checkout the Tune+ YouTube (Adam Brunson) channel. You'll eventually find what you'r looking for there. He's still testing but posting videos along the way.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The other s280 thread needs to be cleaned up. Lots of off topic non s280 chatter. I watched since the beginning and bailed weeks ago because of it. OP checkout the Tune+ YouTube (Adam Brunson) channel. You'll eventually find what you'r looking for there. He's still testing but posting videos along the way.
What else was discussed? I don't think a lot of it has been OT. But I havent even looked in a week or two

Woods247

2000 Post Club
What else was discussed? I don't think a lot of it has been OT. But I havent even looked in a week or two
The last page is about a boost leak haha. It isn't a quick task finding credible data within the 53 pages unfortunately. There's good info but it takes a lot of time to discover it. Every now and then I click it to see updates that might include a review, graphs or videos but I haven't been lucky. That said, this turbo is still on top of my list. I'd just like to know what to expect to determine if it's THAT much better than my hybrid.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The last page is about a boost leak haha. It isn't a quick task finding credible data within the 53 pages unfortunately. There's good info but it takes a lot of time to discover it. Every now and then I click it to see updates that might include a review, graphs or videos but I haven't been lucky. That said, this turbo is still on top of my list. I'd just like to know what to expect to determine if it's THAT much better than my hybrid.
Good, I’m not the only curmudgeon..

I’ll start a new thread for vdyno and dynographs only in the appropriate forum section. I tend to agree that there is a lot of nonsense in that thread and conversations about competitor turbos. Still a good read if you have a few hours to blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd just like to know what to expect to determine if it's THAT much better than my hybrid.
Unfortunately I went from stock to this, so I'd say it was worthwhile! But I can't comment on anything else. Perhaps it might be smoother and have more room to grow but I'm not sure.

wetwea33

Came from a C39 with aux on e50. On 93 the s280 feels as fast/powerful as the hybrid on e30 and flows slightly more but without the all the timing you can run on ethanol that gives that feeling. On aux and e50 it should be a much different story but i wont be tuning for that untill spring. If you dont plan on going with aux then I would keep the hybrid. Its spool is almost identical to my c39 maybe 100-200 rpms later. hit 28psi by 3700rpms.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had a few folks send me x47r logs and the spool of my s280 is identical at the same ambient temperatures which is actually very surprising. I was going into it thinking I would have much slower spool than I do. Granted I have a ported exhaust manifold but I question how much that helps. I also have a stock catback exhaust for now. If you search the other thread for my username you will see some vdynos that should give you a good idea of the spool.

Unfortunately with the wet weather in PA, revisions will likely slow down until March. But so far I am incredibly happy both with and without aux fuel.

wetwea33

I had a few folks send me x47r logs and the spool of my s280 is identical at the same ambient temperatures which is actually very surprising. I was going into it thinking I would have much slower spool than I do. Granted I have a ported exhaust manifold but I question how much that helps. I also have a stock catback exhaust for now. If you search the other thread for my username you will see some vdynos that should give you a good idea of the spool.

Unfortunately with the wet weather in PA, revisions will likely slow down until March. But so far I am incredibly happy both with and without aux fuel.

Yeah im right outside of philly. I also have a ported stock manifold but I dont think it really aids in spool much and I had it with my c39 as well so its an equal comparison. I finished my 93 tune two weeks ago so I got lucky.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah im right outside of philly. I also have a ported stock manifold but I dont think it really aids in spool much and I had it with my c39 as well so its an equal comparison. I finished my 93 tune two weeks ago so I got lucky.
Do you have a final log/vdyno you can share on 93 w/ aux fuel?