Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #702
Yeah, most likely they will make you send a pic at the most and will prob just send you a whole other pair! Let us know what happens so we can know what to expect, I'm going to go ahead and get the H1 Aukee for high beams now they are under $25, my cheapies shoot down and barely add a little glare up high to help see further at all...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #703
OK, touching on high beams again and of course I go by BulbFacts for testing results and have been recommending the Aukee H1 that are now down to $24.64, HERE. They are listed as 50w/10k lumens and going off bulb facts, you would have to spend $60+ to get higher rated H1 for high beam... Well, after searching there are also Aukee HERE for $25.00 right now that are listed as 60w/12k lumen but look longer, and also $60 high end Aukee HERE. So there are good choices... I'm going to try the $25 ones that look a bit longer and see if they fit and how they work and will report back. They actually have a 5% coupon so they are actually cheaper than the originally suggested one, but are not in stock until 11/1, so we'll see!

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I sent a message just now. For reference, here is the issue I'm having with it. There is a weird "hole" in the output of the right lamp.

Attachments

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #705
I sent a message just now. For reference, here is the issue I'm having with it. There is a weird "hole" in the output of the right lamp.
Hmmm, I was expecting to clearly see half of a beam of output from one side of a bulb missing, that almost looks like you may have bent the glare cap on the right side... If you switch the bulbs around what do they look like?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hmmm, I was expecting to clearly see half of a beam of output from one side of a bulb missing, that almost looks like you may have bent the glare cap on the right side... If you switch the bulbs around what do they look like?
I didn't switch them around, but I rotated the LED stick around in the housing and the dot moved around with it so I figured it was an issue with the light and not the headlamp housing itself.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #707
I didn't switch them around, but I rotated the LED stick around in the housing and the dot moved around with it so I figured it was an issue with the light and not the headlamp housing itself.
OK, remove from the housing but leave the wire plugged in and turn on so you can confirm that one side of the bulb is out and go from there... sorry, didn't mean to worry you, but that looks a little weird but it might when one side has gone out....

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
OK, remove from the housing but leave the wire plugged in and turn on so you can confirm that one side of the bulb is out and go from there... sorry, didn't mean to worry you, but that looks a little weird but it might when one side has gone out....
Well they said they would replace them for me. So hopefully that'll solve it.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I switched out the right high beam and the issue only seems to have gotten worse, so it just be on my end. Now you can't even see it on the street while driving. Any ideas?

Attachments

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #717
So I switched out the right high beam and the issue only seems to have gotten worse, so it just be on my end. Now you can't even see it on the street while driving. Any ideas?
I was saying earlier to pull out the bulb, leave it connected, turn them on and double check that both sides work, so I guess they are working... My next guess is you bent the glare shield where the tip of bulb rests into, compare them on both sides...

Dirt

Hello, first post. I purchased the techmax bulbs and the passenger side does not fit into the housing right where the dust cover attaches. I had to take some wire snips and cut out a small piece of the lip and a small piece of the housing to get it to fit in. The drivers side went in easily and without removing the headlight. FYI my car is a 2019 ST model.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #719
Hello, first post. I purchased the techmax bulbs and the passenger side does not fit into the housing right where the dust cover attaches. I had to take some wire snips and cut out a small piece of the lip and a small piece of the housing to get it to fit in. The drivers side went in easily and without removing the headlight. FYI my car is a 2019 ST model.
All 2013+ Fiesta/ST headlights are all the same in the US, I do find it a little strange you had to snip out a bit for the TechMax, I had to do this for another set I used as part of my testing before the TechMax and I haven't heard of anyone else having probs with it actually hitting the rear cover opening wall... so who knows, maybe for the final year they had slightly revised headlights...
And I feel stupid now, of course the H1 high beam doesn't have a glare cap, but I have an idea, humor me and follow along... So I just installed these new higher power "60w" Aukee (the original recommended ones are "50w") since they were on sale for only $25 even but now they aren't even available on Amazon in H1 any longer... That's too bad as these are fantastic, now the next step up in Aukee H1 is a full $60 for the "110w" ones... Anyway, theses "60w" have a nice solid plastic mounting ring that twists and locks into place on the bulb, there is no twisting adjustment at all. There are also 2 little bumps on the ring to sit on the housing nice and straight and was able to get the clip on OK, once I realized how they go back in, hehe... but with how the bulb goes on, it twists and locks into place and the stalk sits at about 45 degrees and works great... so for those wondering, LED H1's for high beam DO sit at a 45 degree angle for best results... even my original cheap crappy ones I can see sit in at that angle too, at the time I though they were wrong!

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
All 2013+ Fiesta/ST headlights are all the same in the US, I do find it a little strange you had to snip out a bit for the TechMax, I had to do this for another set I used as part of my testing before the TechMax and I haven't heard of anyone else having probs with it actually hitting the rear cover opening wall... so who knows, maybe for the final year they had slightly revised headlights...

And I feel stupid now, of course the H1 high beam doesn't have a glare cap, but I have an idea, humor me and follow along... So I just installed these new higher power "60w" Aukee (the original recommended ones are "50w") since they were on sale for only $25 even but now they aren't even available on Amazon in H1 any longer... That's too bad as these are fantastic, now the next step up in Aukee H1 is a full $60 for the "110w" ones... Anyway, theses "60w" have a nice solid plastic mounting ring that twists and locks into place on the bulb, there is no twisting adjustment at all. There are also 2 little bumps on the ring to sit on the housing nice and straight and was able to get the clip on OK, once I realized how they go back in, hehe... but with how the bulb goes on, it twists and locks into place and the stalk sits at about 45 degrees and works great... so for those wondering LED H1's DO sit at a 45 degree angle for best results... even my original cheap crappy ones I can see sit in at that angle too, at the time I though they were wrong!
The 45 degree idea might just work. I'll give it a go cause mine are completely verticle.