Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sagging front bumper

anticon

Thanks for pointing this out, it looks like I will be reinstalling the bumper cover tonight and spacing out that middle spacer so hopefully everything fits right.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I had the same issue after installing a Cobb FMIC and big mouth. Fit was tight but one of those two parts caused underbite (did them at the same time, not sure which). I looked at it in sadness for a month and then one day I got the idea to zip tie it using the two squares mentioned earlier. Now it looks perfect, no sagging and that was a year ago. The only issue is the prop rod doesn't lay where it used to but that's not an issue since I have hood struts.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

me32

1000 Post Club
Im guessing the car was bought used and the bumper has been off before.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #26
Dealer had the bumper off about a year and a half ago. They broke the mounting tabs behind the plate mount. I will find another way to adjust it, as I shaved the grill while it was off!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jayrod1980

I had the same issue after installing a Cobb FMIC and big mouth. Fit was tight but one of those two parts caused underbite (did them at the same time, not sure which). I looked at it in sadness for a month and then one day I got the idea to zip tie it using the two squares mentioned earlier. Now it looks perfect, no sagging and that was a year ago. The only issue is the prop rod doesn't lay where it used to but that's not an issue since I have hood struts.

Good luck! Hope that helps.
Reviving a zombie thread here but would you mind elaborating on the zip tie method?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Reviving a zombie thread here but would you mind elaborating on the zip tie method?
Sure, see the pics below. Green circles, zip tie there and you're good. Tighten or loosen as needed. I pushed up/tightened the bumper with my leg while tightening the zip ties. Only thing is it blocks the path of your prop rod resting where it should so you might have to do it differently. For me it didn't matter because I have gas hood struts and don't use the prop rod.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575939743958.html]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575939726698.html]
[/URL]
https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575939735749.html]
[/URL][/URL]

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My grill tongue, for lack of a better term of the protrusion behind the grille is also broken. Looks like its new grille time. ( i bet it broke during one bad winter.) When i get the new part ill figure out a way to strengthen it a little or something.

FJ16

would you mind elaborating on the zip tie method?
I also did these exact same steps when trying to correct mine (bought used and rebuilt, they left some stuff off :p) - it helped quite a bit, but Jeff is exactly right in saying the hood rod no longer lays flat. I have a Whoosh V3 that I might add a couple of rubber shims to so the bottom stays out a little better.