Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sakel's clean build 2017 magnetic

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #104
A few minor changes, I peeled off the old decals, my custom ones are in. They ended up a little small, but I like them. It matches the theme with my license plate now! IMG_20200730_014154_782.jpg IMG_20200730_014227_291.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #106
Seemingly without warning today my car was completely dead, no start. Luckily my driveway is on a hill so I was able to pop-start it, and when my AP booted the battery was at 10.6volts. So new battery installed, the car turns over much faster now so I guess my battery has been on the way out for a while. Also my front brakes gave up the ghost, so new pads. Car has a little over 65k on it now.

As an aside, how bad is the wait for M2 motoring flares? I graduated college with my BS in manufacturing engineering at the end of July.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Seemingly without warning today my car was completely dead, no start. Luckily my driveway is on a hill so I was able to pop-start it, and when my AP booted the battery was at 10.6volts. So new battery installed, the car turns over much faster now so I guess my battery has been on the way out for a while. Also my front brakes gave up the ghost, so new pads. Car has a little over 65k on it now.

As an aside, how bad is the wait for M2 motoring flares? I graduated college with my BS in manufacturing engineering at the end of July.
They don't make them anymore.

I waited 8 months with nothing to show for it.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #117
I hope that this is a comparison of old to new* [wrenchin] Those are still good! You still have the backing plates to grind down too!
it is! They didn't make noise until I had to do a panic stop, then all hell broke loose. There was friction material left, but only just

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
it is! They didn't make noise until I had to do a panic stop, then all hell broke loose. There was friction material left, but only just
I waited for the noise - turns out the noise I heard was the metal backing plate!!! I had used up ALL of the pad... First time for that one!

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #119
Did some more maintenance today, I still have an oil leak from the turbo drain. The oem turbo used M6 bolts and the MRX uses M8, and since one of the step studs broke I decided to modify the oil drain pipe. I drilled the flange for the larger bolt, and modified the gaskets. Now instead of studs I have M8 screws going directly into the turbo. It worked great but leaked, so today I added a new oem gasket and some permatex. Also while under my car I got a picture of the 2 point brace, it has taken a battering. It's bent up a large amount in the middle, but other than 2 dings in the resonator the underside of the car is in flawless shape.
photo_2020-08-27_18-19-26.jpg