Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

San Diego: My FiST was stolen while I was at the Padres Game 8/31..

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I never even thought about having my car stolen.. the gaslamp part of downtown San Diego is Sooooo busy, well lit and populated, especially during a Padres game on a weekday, just before a "holiday" weekend... I ALWAYS park in a parking structure and the fucking one time I dont, my fucking car is stolen... im still sooooooo saddened and almost depressed by it, I can't stop thinking about how Geico is probably gonna royally fuck me when we go through the actual claims process after 14 days, which willl be 9/14/23.... Im gonna keep everyone posted on how this story unfolds... Ive NEVER had anything of this magnitude stolen from me... I was just thinking about how they NOW have my ADDRESS and am worried, are they going to ROB my house next?! We have 5 cameras but what are they really gonna do against people who are semi/professional thieves.....? Im not too sure... talk about unnecessary anxiety!
You need more than cameras in your home to protect it. S&W and Glock are my go-to's!

OP
Joshyfresh6953
Thread Starter #24
UPDATE! SDPD fucking FOUND my FiST!!! They found it 5 days after it was taken about 5 miles away from where I parked it. It appears that it was petty theft as they took the following items from the interior...

Uniden R7 Radar
Accessport
Fishing Gear - Penn reel, telescopic rod and a bag with about $250 worth of lures, jigs etc
JBL Sub
Infinity sub + Box
Wallet
Sunglasses
and an 8th of MMJ...

I have 20% tints and always use a windshield sun visor so its darn near impossible to see inside unless your right up on the window itself + I never left the AP or Radar on the windshield, always glove box...

When I parked, the gas lamp came on, said I had about 47mi until E, when I picked ip up at the tow yard, it said 16/17mi so who ever stole it, didn't drive it very far.

I firmly BELIEVE they used a RFID copy/emulator device like the FLIPPER ZERO - I have no clue how this thing is fcuking legal... its stupid nafarious but regardless, I got my FiST back and it appears to be in the same condition as when I parked it, just a bunch of shit stolen from inside...

Definitely researching Lojack and other options like Ralveco immobilizer but haven't made a decision yet... for now, I threw an apple air tag and Samsung smart tag in places that are HARD to get it.. living in San Diego with 3 million registered people, I figured this was a good option for the short term...

Who here has installed some form of aftermarket security wether it be a GPS tracker or vehicle immobilizer or kill switch of sorts, Id LOVE to hear your experiences.

I looked the car over and took it up to our local mountain hill climb, 5,500 Feet above sea level, went 80% Full attack, no issues other than my exhaust rattles when I shut the car off now....

I have a proper vehicle inspection at a local shop later this week...

thanks guys for you support, I feel stupid LUCKY to get my car back #1 and even more so that they only stole shit from inside... Geico said to let them know if I have any car issues in the next month or two so they ca reopen claims and get it fixed asap if I run into any issues!

Attachments

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
UPDATE! SDPD fucking FOUND my FiST!!! They found it 5 days after it was taken about 5 miles away from where I parked it. It appears that it was petty theft as they took the following items from the interior...

Uniden R7 Radar
Accessport
Fishing Gear - Penn reel, telescopic rod and a bag with about $250 worth of lures, jigs etc
JBL Sub
Infinity sub + Box
Wallet
Sunglasses
and an 8th of MMJ...

I have 20% tints and always use a windshield sun visor so its darn near impossible to see inside unless your right up on the window itself + I never left the AP or Radar on the windshield, always glove box...

When I parked, the gas lamp came on, said I had about 47mi until E, when I picked ip up at the tow yard, it said 16/17mi so who ever stole it, didn't drive it very far.

I firmly BELIEVE they used a RFID copy/emulator device like the FLIPPER ZERO - I have no clue how this thing is fcuking legal... its stupid nafarious but regardless, I got my FiST back and it appears to be in the same condition as when I parked it, just a bunch of shit stolen from inside...

Definitely researching Lojack and other options like Ralveco immobilizer but haven't made a decision yet... for now, I threw an apple air tag and Samsung smart tag in places that are HARD to get it.. living in San Diego with 3 million registered people, I figured this was a good option for the short term...

Who here has installed some form of aftermarket security wether it be a GPS tracker or vehicle immobilizer or kill switch of sorts, Id LOVE to hear your experiences.

I looked the car over and took it up to our local mountain hill climb, 5,500 Feet above sea level, went 80% Full attack, no issues other than my exhaust rattles when I shut the car off now....

thanks guys for you support, I feel stupid LUCKY to get my car back #1 and even more so that they only stole shit from inside... Geico said to let them know if I have any car issues in the next month or two so they ca reopen claims and get it fixed asap if I run into any issues!
Glad to hear you got your car back. Hope you didn't have anything of value in your wallet (but why would you leave it in the car in the first place?) Wherever I go, my wallet goes too! My car came with some sort of tracker from the dealer/factory. Never figured out how it works but I had a kill switch installed for about $80 and I make sure I use it every time I park. I have to park on the street as my car is so low I can't get it in the garage!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

Uniden R7 Radar
Accessport
JBL Sub
Infinity sub + Box
Wallet
Sunglasses
and an 8th of MMJ...

Congratulations, that's really great news they found it, and also great news that it appears to be in good shape, not trashed or damaged. I know you're happy as hell.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
GREAT news! [twothumb]

But I am still perplexed that they even knew how to drive a manual, since it was not flat-bedded (unless it was Dom Toretto's crew??). LOL

I leave NOTHING in my car, save for a cheap flashlight in the center console, and the tiny UltraGauge on the radio control panel which could never be mistaken for a cell phone or tuning handset at all.

My car is also gutted behind the front seats with no tint at all on the windows, so that the potential thieves can plainly SEE that there is nothing of value in there.

If feeling particularly paranoid about the parking area, I will even leave the glove box hanging open, EMPTY. [wink]

Sam4

So, how long will the battery last if you disconnect the ground? As long as the parking meter? A 10mm wrench is cheap insurance.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am going to install a battery cutoff switch under the hood, between the ground cable and that 10mm bolt ground point near the brake reservoir.

NOT for any anti-theft purposes (although I will use it for that if uneasy about an area I am parking in), but because it is the only way to get a CD which inevitably, eventually will not eject from the player with the button.
(If you use the battery disconnect as an anti-theft feature, you either have to leave the car totally unlocked, or lock it and use the key in the remote fob to unlock the car.)

As soon as I cut ALL power from the battery and then re-connect it after 5 minutes, the disc ejects. [dunno] (The 'system reset' does NOTHING at all to help this, BTW.)

Congrats on getting your car back! Interesting that you left it with low fuel and it was found close to where it was stolen from. One of the multiple times my Super Duty was stolen, it was almost out of diesel. The thieves left it at the other end of our parking lot.

Perhaps car thieves don't want to take a stolen car to a gas station for fear of being caught on a security camera?
There's your security feature - disable your gas gauge, or only park your car in public when it's on empty.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The reason why they aren't stolen as much here in the states is Due the manual Transmission in our vehicles. The Thieves here in the states are what i call BASIC and dont have the mental capacity to drive a manual. So this is A PLUS that they are plus one Chromosome.

l2SpQRuCQzY1RXHqM.gif

I've always considered the manual transmission something of a benefit for theft deterrent. A year ago, I gave a ride to a young kid who's motorcycle had run out of gas on a secluded canyon road. He was bewildered, wondering why I was moving the shift lever around. Had never seen a manual car. I said "You know how you have to shift your motorcycle? Some cars have that too."

Another thing I'm fairly secure about is the inaccessibility of the catalytic converter. There have been a rash of thefts in my office complex, including my shop van. It's nice to know that no thief would make the effort on a Fiesta.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Uniden R7 Radar
Accessport
JBL Sub
Infinity sub + Box
Wallet
Sunglasses
and an 8th of MMJ...

So glad to hear that you got your Fiesta back!