Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

SCALING INTEREST ~~ ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE RPF1 SIZE!

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

Which color would you like to see a 16x8" RPF1 made in?

• Total voters

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor

I'm sure many of you have seen our custom runs of RPF1s in the 4x108 bolt pattern.
If you don't know, these have been offered in what we concluded to be the best available size option: 16x7" +43mm

During this original group buy a 16x8" was asked for, we discussed it in the past but it has never come to fruition.
After recent interest from another forum member we are opening up the polls to test the waters on a new size!

The size would be 16x8" +38mm 4x108
Seen here in 4x100 on this converted car:

vQtm2Ul.jpg

This would be more aggressive than the other size, but opens up the option for wider tires, and what I'm sure many will consider better fitment.

We would do a single color to start with the possibility of more in the future.
This color will be voted on by the likes of YOU!

Just like our first few custom runs, this will be done in a group buy format. Once we decide on a color, assuming enough interest is expressed, we will open up slots at a discounted price which can be reserved via a $250.00 deposit. When we have a minimum of 10 buyers, the wheels are then produced and delivered from Japan. At this time you can pay the remaining balance and the wheels will be shipped to your door!

So please, vote on a color and feel free to ask any questions!

For reference here are our 16x7" +43mm in both Silver and Matte Bronze:

@1FAST5OH 's Fiesta ST

@BradApples ' Fiesta ST

@Strife 's Fiesta ST

You'll have a hard time competing with the dekagram in 16x8

If you're going to expand I'd shoot for a 15x8 since it seems team dynamics is out of the picture for now.

Edit: happy to see that my assumptions were wrong, looks like these will be more popular than I thought

Last edited:
I would love to see you offer them finished in the OEM grey wheel color for an OEM+ look.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #4

If you're going to expand I'd shoot for a 15x8 since it seems team dynamics is out of the picture for now.
The problem with 15x8" is we are only able to make them in a +28mm. Considering the poke, I can't imagine it would be a hot seller.

Erick_V

Wanted these for so long but not 16x7 et43 so I pulled the trigger on 16x8 et40 Dekagrams. If I was interested in a set I would do 16x8 et38 in Silver or SBC. I'm assuming pricing would be similar to the 16x7's you already have listed?

SBC is the hawtness. This doesn't help people, but I have powder coating businesses around me that can achieve most looks with the exception of SBC. I haven't seen SBC done as well as it comes from Enkei. That's my vote.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #7
Wanted these for so long but not 16x7 et43 so I pulled the trigger on 16x8 et40 Dekagrams. If I was interested in a set I would do 16x8 et38 in Silver or SBC. I'm assuming pricing would be similar to the 16x7's you already have listed?
Similar to the 16x7"s yes.
Looking at about $10-$15 more per wheel.

Not really, I would sell my Dekagrams in a heartbeat if the RPF1 was offered in a 16x8. I'm sure others would do the same.

Erick_V

Not really, I would sell my Dekagrams in a heartbeat if the RPF1 was offered in a 16x8. I'm sure others would do the same.
I didnā€™t want to say that originally but I am thinking the same thing. As much as I love my setup the thought of a 16x8 et38 SBC on my car seems sooooo much nicer. I was already thinking of how much I would sell my setup for if I decided to pull the trigger on this lol and I have less than 1k miles and 1 autocross on my Dekagrams. I think SBC on a Kona blue would look amazing

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #11
What is SBC? Satin black crome? Sandy brown n cream? Strawberry bumpy crinkle?
"Strawberry bumpy crinkle"
^I love this^

SBC stands for "Special Brilliant Coating"
The best way to describe it is a black chrome, or chrome gunmetal.

It's a super cool color, but does have the highest additional cost out of any of the colors Enkei offers.

The center wheel in these pics is a pretty good IRL depiction:

IMG_9876.png IMG_9880.png

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I wish 16s would fit over my BBK. If you decide to do a 17x8 or 17x9 I'm in.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
For the sake of creativity, I think the style of the rims is one of good taste. For me, red and black is my thing so I'm gonna have to vote off the beaten path. St red. I'm not sure of anyone who offers rims in red with our bolt pattern which is kind of a shame considering people offer some in lime green which I personally think is a terrible color but to each their own. They do have their place just not for me. Also I'd prefer the 8 inch rim as well considering my build hopefully will be pushing 400+HP.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would definitely consider gold or matte bronze. Not sure if I could swing $900 so I can't say I would definitely be a buyer, especially with the Konig's coming in at $500 /set, but definitely something I would consider.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know that the RPF1's are a higher quality. stronger wheel, and even in the same size will likely be even a bit lighter yet than the Dekas, but I just HATE the aesthetics of a split five spoke wheel (especially on our cars, and in less than a 17" diameter).

The 17"/18" RPF1s for the Scoobies/etc. do look a lot better to my eyes than the smaller sizes. [wink] [thumb]

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #18
I know that the RPF1's are a higher quality. stronger wheel, and even in the same size will likely be even a bit lighter yet than the Dekas, but I just HATE the aesthetics of a split five spoke wheel (especially on our cars, and in less than a 17" diameter).

The 17"/18" RPF1s for the Scoobies/etc. do look a lot better to my eyes than the smaller sizes. [wink] [thumb]
This opinion is usually due to the step lip design, it causes the actual face of the wheel to look about an inch smaller than the diameter.

I really wish we could do a 17x8" run but Enkei won't allow it due to the load testing that would be required for a new 4 lug version of that size.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I wonder if the Gold Coast Automotive BBK would fit under these.

Edit:
If anyone has an original run of the 16x7's near me I would love to try one one.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This opinion is usually due to the step lip design, it causes the actual face of the wheel to look about an inch smaller than the diameter.

I really wish we could do a 17x8" run but Enkei won't allow it due to the load testing that would be required for a new 4 lug version of that size.
It's also that the spokes bow outward (convex) a bit too much in the sub 17"/18" sizes as well, which I don't mind as much on a multiple spoke wheel like the Pro Race 1.2s. [wink]