Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Screaming window

My '14 has an issue that has been ongoing since I got it in 2017 with 25k of someone else's miles on it. The front passenger window doesn't just squeak when rolling up, it SCREAMS like nails on a chalkboard. It only does it it warm weather, but since I just moved to Texas that's now all the time. Has anyone else experienced this? It is possible something may have just found its way into the door that's rubbing against the glass, but there is no witness mark on the window to indicate that's the case. Has anyone taken these doors apart for any window issues/maintenance?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have heard of people using rainx or silicone spray in the channels the window runs in. like spray a little bit in and rub it in with a towel over a putty knife or screwdriver. My passenger window does it some, I have not spent the time yet working on it.

I had the same problem and with some input from others I sprayed silicone lube in the front and rear channels and along the seal/dust thing on the front of the window (outside part whatever its called). Then you run your window up and down some and spray again. Have fun clean that shit off BUT it fixed my squealing windows.

Here you go:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/drivers-front-window-squeal.13411/#post-353652