Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Second drift mode missing: rear-drive mode

What is really missing on my focus RS is a second drift mode.
Since a long time I wondered why a 4 wheel drive car could also be a simple rear drive car ?
A rear drive car is so funny on snow. You can drift at low speed safely.
Why Ford doesn't give us this nice feature just for fun ?

Now I'm sure it's possible because Mercedes did it on the E63S AMG!
The new system allows Mercedes-AMG to add a Drift mode that will send 100 percent of the engine’s torque to the rear, making it a rear-drive car.

I remember John Capito, who was responsible for the mk2 project (I had one and I like this car) said:
rear drive is the best solution, then front drive and finally the 4 wheel drive (it was before the magic transmission of the rs mk3)

Mister For, please add this feature to your Focus RS !

What? We do have drift mode in our cars.

[video=youtube;WfkZRMvM3lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkZRMvM3lg[/video]

[video=youtube;gRPqfc9PtlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRPqfc9PtlU[/video]

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
This is the first drift mode : drift all wheel drive, efficient for donuts ... and make the Michelin's fortune.
If you use it on open road on snow in lignht turn the intelligent transmission put power on the front wheel to give you grip and stay on the road based on the angle of the steering wheel.
It's what some motoring magazine call "artificial effect, note very predictible"
With a drift mode on rear wheel, you don't have this effect and you can drift at lower speed.
It's not efficient but it's funny.

LonestarRS

I've always considered the Focus as being a FWD car with AWD as an after thought. While it would be nice to have more driving mode options most people that get the Focus RS don't ever intend to drift it.

Makes sense, sorry I misunderstood your first post.

This is the first drift mode : drift all wheel drive, efficient for donuts ... and make the Michelin's fortune.
If you use it on open road on snow in lignht turn the intelligent transmission put power on the front wheel to give you grip and stay on the road based on the angle of the steering wheel.
It's what some motoring magazine call "artificial effect, note very predictible"
With a drift mode on rear wheel, you don't have this effect and you can drift at lower speed.
It's not efficient but it's funny.