Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon CF Vented Hood for FiST

Which Seibon CF hood design would you choose for your FiST?

• Design #1

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Design #2

Votes: 55 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Not bad for the Price I have seen lighter ones at near twice the price so this is good ..
Where it says needs hood pind I take it that means front and back or just front ?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #23
Not bad for the Price I have seen lighter ones at near twice the price so this is good ..
Where it says needs hood pind I take it that means front and back or just front ?
Seibon does state that “hood pins are required” on all of their hoods and generally just the front....But not really necessary as I suspect they need to mention this purely for liability reasons simply because they cannot control if the installation was done properly...

That said you can purchase a hood pin kit separately if so desired.....

TheStig

Seibon does state that “hood pins are required” on all of their hoods and generally just the front....But not really necessary as I suspect they need to mention this purely for liability reasons simply because they cannot control if the installation was done properly...

That said you can purchase a hood pin kit separately if so desired.....
Aerocatch for the win! they even make a locking model!

i love this idea. i like version 2 out of the poll options

and aerocatch pins are awesome. had them on my svtf with the aftermarket hood..

hood pins are generally only needed up front since the rear hinges act as a tie down of sorts. I do know people who delete the hinges and use pins on the back as well. makes it easier to work on the engine that way.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like the RS vents as functional and looks like it belongs as an RS style part. I would like 4 sections, two straight ones in the middle and two tapered ones on the sides.....my generates quite a bit of heat.

The hood scoop is in the wrong place but could be routed to the air box of choice but adds more weight as well and that kind of scoop is not very efficient so it is more like a rice scoop than a proper upgrade mod to the car.

A NACA duct designed to flow into the air box would be far better though I do not need one with my grill mounted duct but would be OK with it for others sake.

I larger center vent would be great, they need a lip in front and to be as far forward but not to far, to extract heat out from the radiator, etc.........GT style is my favorite, had one before.

----------

Pins, fully pinned hoods are great for race cars but not so great on a street car, been there on both....

I have had a hood or two from them, they had stock mounts for the regular hood release, nice for a daily driver as easy to use but you can take out some weight, the mech, cable, etc.....and add pins, I have a few sets of standard style aluminum ones but they do not lock and cause turbulence.

I have used the Aero catch, a bit heavier than pins but very handy and lighter than the stock release system, still have to take the time to unlock them but that is pretty easy, install not to tough but take the time to align well before drilling.

I voted for #2 but truth be told I'm not totaly sold on either. I will parrot other people's comments and say I would rather have a NACA duct. Aerocatch pins are good I have them on a car I will say over time the TX/Ark sun and rain have made them a little fiddly to get to open and close.

LT Berzerker

Personally building one that b looks like the wrc hood would be amazeballs

I voted for #2 but truth be told I'm not totaly sold on either. I will parrot other people's comments and say I would rather have a NACA duct. Aerocatch pins are good I have them on a car I will say over time the TX/Ark sun and rain have made them a little fiddly to get to open and close.
yeah i actually broke one of mine on my svt's aftermarket hood.
Texas sun/summers can be brutal on those latches

and i second the duct like you recommended

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am not a big fan of CF but I would like a set of RS vents to go into my OE hood.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #35
I sent an email to Seibon asking for an update to see if they have decided yet as to if they will be moving forward with offering a vented hood for the FiST...

In the mean time if there's someone here on the forum located relatively close to Seibon Headquarters and is interested in stopping by such they can take a closer look and also is interested in working directly with them...here is the contact info...

Ryan
(626) 968-2010

Seibon Carbon
1215 Bixby Drive
City of Industry, California 91745

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks for the info.
I will call them on Monday.

Although I am not sure the weight savings (13 lbs.) is worth the cost unless you want the CF look.
By the time you add any vents/scoops, hood pins/latches, and paint there is not much difference at all.

Again I am more interested in just the RS vents.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #37
Thanks for the info.

Although I am not sure the weight savings (13 lbs.) is worth the cost unless you want the CF look.
By the time you add any vents/scoops, hood pins/latches, and paint there is not much difference at all.

Again I am more interested in just the RS vents.

I will call them on Monday.

Dave
thx Dave...and yes...I saw that you've mentioned your only interested in the vents a few times now...I don't think I'd do matching paint and add latches myself if I decide to go this route and adding CF vents doesn't add much to the weight considering your also removing additional hood material to install them...That said, I also haven't decided yet if I want a vented hood or just install vents...

btw...I believe there is another thread already posted dedicated to just hood vents for those interested...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2792-RS-Style-Hood-Vents

I think a carbon fiber hood with WRC style vents would be wicked.

I would gladly trade my money for a hood like that...painted body color.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
btw...I believe there is another thread already posted dedicated to just hood vents for those interested...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2792-RS-Style-Hood-Vents
I didn't think I was too far off as I was/am looking for info about Seibon Carbon products.
As we are discussing their hoods and the questions are about which vents.
As well, these are here in the US and not the UK
Also that their products are CF/FG and not ABS plastic.
I am just trying to find out if the vents can be ordered separately for a later install in their hoods or OE.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #40
I am just trying to find out if the vents can be ordered separately for a later install in their hoods or OE.

Dave
good question...perhaps when you stop by Siebon you could ask for us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.