Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

selecting a crossover pipe

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Right now planning on grabbing the whoosh brand but was curious for those that grabbed an aftermarket one, which did you grab? I don't want to overthink this piece but are there any reasons to go with a different manufacturer i.e. finish or fitment? Worth doing a temp resistant coating on one?

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Got the Whoosh and opt for the coating if affordable for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I wanted the coating but it says the 2000 degree cerakote is discontinued now.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Another pic. It does seem to spool a bit harder, with a deeper rumble off idle.
IMG_0243.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Whoosh and ceramic coat especially if you don’t run the manifold heat shield. Or go straight for a 2J intake

dhminer

2000 Post Club
screw the 2J that intake is downright obnoxious he is better off getting a ITG Maxogen.
Matter of opinion sir many people are very happy with it. No doubt requires some skill to make it fit and the coating is dookie it seems, but can’t argue that the performance is there.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
IF I were to ever get an aftermarket crossover pipe, that would be the one (IF it is still even available??).
Looks like it. Not cheap.
Then again, it's a cast piece and they do look good.

Erick_V

I have a whoosh crossover and wrapped it with some DEI gold tape, this was before the Cerakote was an option. Couldn’t touch the pipe after a drive before the tape but now I can rest my hand on it no problem. I have a Catted DP and the heat shield has since been removed, didn’t care to put it back on being how much of a pain it was to remove lol

Attachments

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we've had some customers that already had the whoosh, RAMAIR, and ITG crossover pipes only to purchase and try the Mountune cast piece. The same customers switched back due to the part weighing 3x more than aluminum mandrel bent tubing and not being a consistent 2.75"ID throughout the crossover section like the other options mentioned
nothing wrong with having new and different options though. The mountune part looks great!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
we've had some customers that already had the whoosh, RAMAIR, and ITG crossover pipes only to purchase and try the Mountune cast piece. The same customers switched back due to the part weighing 3x more than aluminum mandrel bent tubing and not being a consistent 2.75"ID throughout the crossover section like the other options mentioned
nothing wrong with having new and different options though. The mountune part looks great!
I'm one of them. Never even installed the Mountune. Hugely disappointing. Your product kicks butt Ron!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The mountune is a cast piece, nice and fat, but it does have some indentations to clear some pieces of the engine, so it's not perfectly round. Definitely kicks up the spool though.