Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

She may be Totaled

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
That definitely sucks. Good luck with the insurance - hopefully a body shop can save the pillar and replace the doors. If not you can always buy it back as a salvage title
I am kinda hoping that my body guy says we can fix but the insurance totals it. I would love to keep it on the cheap due to mileage being low and my mods it would be like my old salvage title track rat Black M3.
I could just drive the piss out of the car and not give two shits about what happened to it.
It’s not the cost of bodywork I am to worried it’s the cost of paint. I am running it. through my insurance though because they appraise at max prices and by California law I have the right to choose body shop and cost of estimate. Going through my company and having the deal with the hers kinda limits her company from trying to dick around.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
update… talked to the adjuster they will send out an appraiser shortly but he is pretty sure they are gonna total it due to it being a 5 year old car. So now it’s a matter of finding out if can be fixed and how much they are going to give me and what I am gonna pay to buy it back.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
So total, salvage, fix, vinyl wrap it and hit the track?
it’s gonna be totaled. Appraiser just left. More damage than we even realized B pillar was ripped open down to its 3rd layer core and bent rear quarter panel sustained damage and was ripped by passengerrear door pretzeling and pushing into it . Fixable ya total estimate to fix through normal channels back to original 15-20k just off the top of his head . Car still drives but there is something funny going with the sensors the anti skid light on the dash is on and it tells me the hill assist start is off plus opened the front passenger slightly, it catches on the upper rim the rear passenger. So we shut it and now the interior light is staying and if I push the door from the outside it turns on the parking lights. :LOL:.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
it’s gonna be totaled. Appraiser just left. More damage than we even realized B pillar was ripped open down to its 3rd layer core and bent rear quarter panel sustained damage and was ripped by passengerrear door pretzeling and pushing into it . Fixable ya total estimate to fix through normal channels back to original 15-20k just off the top of his head . Car still drives but there is something funny going with the sensors the anti skid light on the dash is on and it tells me the hill assist start is off plus opened the front passenger slightly, it catches on the upper rim the rear passenger. So we shut it and now the interior light is staying and if I push the door from the outside it turns on the parking lights. :LOL:.
So....are you still going to stay in the FiST game? Buy it back....remove the mods* then get a New FiST? Right?

Last edited:

Erick_V

Ouch! Glad you're ok. I almost bought an Orange Spice when I was looking but my 16MY in Kona Blue was the last 16MY on the lot. They wanted to get rid of it and gave me a great deal. Still wish I got that color. Was the perfect spec too, Recaro with no sunroof. Bought your plates and have watched your build, hope you stay with this platform.

Ughh. Sorry to see the carnage. Some how missed this post. Curious what your buy back will be, I'm definitely assuming you'll want to strip off the goodies you have on it. My car ended up being 1200 to buy back.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Ughh. Sorry to see the carnage. Some how missed this post. Curious what your buy back will be, I'm definitely assuming you'll want to strip off the goodies you have on it. My car ended up being 1200 to buy back.
Really:oops:shit they offer me $1200 to buy it back I will be stoked as it’s gonna total out high as it’s only got 26k on it and I have been seeing sold cars with close to the same mileage being sold for $21,000.

Wow, $1200 would be a crazy steal to buy it back! I assume you did (and put more in to fix it)?
Yeah. It was definitely worth buying back, at the very least to part out the aftermarket goodies and clean OEM parts. I have pretty much the whole check insurance cut me into fixing a car that will have a rebuilt title. Not ideal, but I love the car and plan on keeping it until she turns to dust. Not worried about resale.

I think front end damage, being a 2014, and 90k miles probably isn't a very lucrative vehicle for salvage auctions. That 2018 26k mi car will be more, question is how much.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Yeah. It was definitely worth buying back, at the very least to part out the aftermarket goodies and clean OEM parts. I have pretty much the whole check insurance cut me into fixing a car that will have a rebuilt title. Not ideal, but I love the car and plan on keeping it until she turns to dust. Not worried about resale.

I think front end damage, being a 2014, and 90k miles probably isn't a very lucrative vehicle for salvage auctions. That 2018 26k mi car will be more, question is how much.
I already posted in my build thread. I stand to get a sizable check due to the mileage and the still high used prices going on . I doubt they will sell it back to me for $1200 it’s more likely 3-4k and then it’s likely it will be 4-5k to repair and wrap. Given the current state of the car market overall it actually makes a lot of sense to go this route. My car is mine it’s a known entity , it still drives fine. Even if I had to sink 7k in I would still be able to sell it for at least $12k at the least even with the salvage title due to mileage and mods. I would not, but that point of that mathematical example is the fact that I would still wind up ahead of the game depreciation wise.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
I am surprised that none of the airbags went off. I guess that makes it easier to repair.
Hoping for the buyback and rebuild for you. Good luck and glad no one was hurt.
If there had been a passenger they would have.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
:sick:So little update … So in short my company Amica has lowballed me. They said damage was 12k and they were totaling it. Do the math 12k is 75% of what. Wait what? Ya told him I had researched how mupch my car was selling for comparable mileage and his reply was oh no we are not buying you na new car. I responded ah these are used prices:LOL:. He said we are not giving you the market value of your car. At which point I responded Oh should I get another appraisal and he was like why it’s totaled. I thought but did not say ahem cough cough because I am in California and in case you conveniently forgot state insurance law we are entitled to the choice of 3 different estimates! I then asked so what’s the number and he was like oh it has to got over to your total adjusters and they will contact you with the number in 2-3 business days. :LOL::mad: He then asked were the car was at the shop or home so they could send a tow truck to pick it up at which point I said ah no I am keeping my car. Lol he actually thought I would let them take my car without giving me numbers . This guy is dumber than dumb.
So Ya hung the phone called the other parties insurance who had admittedly liability told them what was going on that I wanted to run a claim through them they are sending on of their reps on wed State Farm
Talked to my body man and he is like bring the car over sat or mon and we will get it taken care he said he can fix it and he has a guy who can do wraps as it’s the guy he is taking his 240z too to get wrapped.
Car might wind up being fixed without a total!

So Amica now officially sucks as a car insurance company . Used to be great not anymore goodbye Amica.