Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

She may be Totaled

Fusion Works

Why is your insurance involved with this at all? Isn't this on the lady that hit you's insurance? Maybe I misunderstood which company was which.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Why is your insurance involved with this at all? Isn't this on the lady that hit you's insurance? Maybe I misunderstood which company was which.
My Insurance was involved because when I have had cars hit in the past the other insurance company has quite often written lower estimates for repairs. I went to mine initially while we waited for her insurance company to officially accept liability. It also turns out I made really well because my Insurance company totaled the car and paid me $21,035 for the car after buyback. If I had let them keep it they would have given me 23k Her insurance company now pays mine. By doing this I literally from Acciident to settlement to money in the in a week and a half!

Oh and I paid $19678 new for it. Essentially my car was bought for me and the last five years I have driven it for the cost gas oil and whatever parts I put on it.
I am now getting it fixed at my body shop for $8535 .

P.S. ya I freaked initially when they totaled for 12k of damage but I learned that that happens because it’s all computerized they type in the damage and parts and labor and the computer automatically triggers total when it goes over a threshold which is supposed to be 75% of value apparent that thresh for our cars is $16k That was not taking into account the acv value which the total adjuster did adjust for.

Fusion Works

You made out well. Good deal.

Just thought it odd to go through your insurance company first without doing a bit of negotiation with her insurance company first. Probably easier though, as your insurance company should care more about your car than the other company's interests.

Wonder how much they billed the other insurance company? HAHA

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
You made out well. Good deal.

Just thought it odd to go through your insurance company first without doing a bit of negotiation with her insurance company first. Probably easier though, as your insurance company should care more about your car than the other company's interests.

Wonder how much they billed the other insurance company? HAHA
Anything other than what they charged me is fraud. Oh and Amica is actually a very upstanding company it’s why I have been with them a long time. Oh and you are right Amica has industry leading customer service ratings and take care of their customers, That is exactly why I went to them first, As explained earlier I initially freaked not being presented the final number.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It must be incredibly hard to get all that back into perfect alignment. Doing that to a perfectionist level would drive me batty.

You say you didn't require a rental and kept driving, but how did you deal with the water intrusion? Certainly there had to be significant wind noise as well.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
It must be incredibly hard to get all that back into perfect alignment. Doing that to a perfectionist level would drive me batty.

You say you didn't require a rental and kept driving, but how did you deal with the water intrusion? Certainly there had to be significant wind noise as well.
Bodyshops are in business to do just that and good ones like the one I use are experts at it. He restore Vintage Sports car Jags, Porches, Alfa’s , etc…

I also did say I didn’t require a rental. I think you misunderstood what I wrote .

I had a rental for like a week and a half .

I bought another car a 19 With 23k mileage . I even posted pics of that car it’s a Magnetic. They declared the Orange car a total and paid me within a week and a half..

I drove the car exactly 5 times after the accident 1. was right after it got hit taking around the corner to my house. The next was taking it a local body shop to get a comparison estimate. On a sunny thurs afternoon . The next was to a local fab shop on a sunny sat afternoon .

The last two times we’re taking it to my body guy and then bringing it back to him for the work to be done..

All of this was done on beautiful southern California Summer days. Yes there was wind noise lol it was quite strange as well. It’s also a garage kept car. It does not sit outside at night or in the daytime.

Last edited: