Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shift bracket bushings

Bushings at trans bracket, was ready to pull the trigger on the install until I saw all that had to come apart for access. Those who have done it, worth the effort?

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #2
Answered my own question, did the install, not as bad as I thought. Only intake tube, air box lid, battery and box had to come out. Unbolted ECU from battery box so no de-mate.

Verdict: about as expected, biggest difference the occasional hard shift into first at a stop where you have to shift into 2nd then first is gone. Hard detent through neutral when shifting is lessened. Only downside is a metallic "clicky" feel to shifter now, somebody described it as "feels like a bolt action rifle." Makes me think hard urethane replacement for stock bushings rather than solid might have been the better idea. Would I go back to stock though? No.

I didn’t see your first post.
That said, I suspect this upgrade is as much about precision upon hard, high RPM shifts as anything else. I have them 👍🏻

Enjoy!