Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shmi what the hell happened?

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #21
Shmi your back! Haha I knew something was screwy when I went to search for your name and only "shmii" was coming up. I missed ya bud,you were one of the first guys I met and talked/congratulated me about our fist over on vortex. Glad to hear everything is gonna work out for you and make sure they do that paint right,such a beautiful color.

-ry

Shmi

Shmi your back! Haha I knew something was screwy when I went to search for your name and only "shmii" was coming up. I missed ya bud,you were one of the first guys I met and talked/congratulated me about our fist over on vortex. Glad to hear everything is gonna work out for you and make sure they do that paint right,such a beautiful color.

-ry
Haha thanks buddy. I can't wait to get my car back!

Oh and thank you for fixing my name, MKVIIST!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Haha thanks buddy. I can't wait to get my car back!

Oh and thank you for fixing my name, MKVIIST!
You're welcome. I didn't realize there was a restriction before lol.

Update.

This repair has been taking a while because a vacuum line has been on backorder. Well, finally it came in so the body shop opened everything up to get to work, only to find out that the Ford dealership they deal with ordered all Fiesta body panels, not Fiesta ST panels. And sent the wrong headlight. According to the Ford dealer that supplied the parts, the ST doesn't even show up in their parts catalog and they had to contact Ford HQ to get correct part #s. I sort of believe it, since when I went to pick up an oil filter, the parts guy said it didn't even show an ST option and I had to give him the Motorcraft 910s oil filter part # that I luckily had saved for my own reference.

Anyhow, the guy I'm dealing with was very apologetic about it, but I know it's not the shop's fault. Ultimately I'm not too upset about it, just anxious to get my car back. This will probably add another week to the repair time. [sadpanda]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
At least they are now getting the right parts..good luck with the repairs.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sucks that it's taking so long, hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out. Can't wait to see some updated pictures.

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #29
Read my mind,I was wondering how the repair had been going lately. Hopefully when you get it back soon all is good shmi!

-ry

If all goes well I'll have the car back tomorrow... Still waiting on the damn hose. I asked last week if they could just use some bulk generic hose from an auto parts store, that way I could drive the car and just pick up and even install the part myself when it came in. They'd already thought of that but because of the odd connector style on the throttle body there's no way to really attach a regular hose. Sigh.

I have to say though the body shop has been excellent about it. Very apologetic and have been trying to source the part from two other places but both options fell through. They've also been giving me regular updates and have been pretty frank with me about what's going on. Nothing they can really do at this point but wait for Ford to send them the part which has been and continues to be on national backorder.

If I'd known it would take this long at the start, though, I'd have started scouring junk yards and pick-a-part locations for any 1.6T Fiesta to pull that hose off of.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
If all goes well I'll have the car back tomorrow... Still waiting on the damn hose. I asked last week if they could just use some bulk generic hose from an auto parts store, that way I could drive the car and just pick up and even install the part myself when it came in. They'd already thought of that but because of the odd connector style on the throttle body there's no way to really attach a regular hose. Sigh.

I have to say though the body shop has been excellent about it. Very apologetic and have been trying to source the part from two other places but both options fell through. They've also been giving me regular updates and have been pretty frank with me about what's going on. Nothing they can really do at this point but wait for Ford to send them the part which has been and continues to be on national backorder.

If I'd known it would take this long at the start, though, I'd have started scouring junk yards and pick-a-part locations for any 1.6T Fiesta to pull that hose off of.
Shmi, good to hear you will be getting your car back! Hope the insurance company treated you right!

Shmi

Shmi, good to hear you will be getting your car back! Hope the insurance company treated you right!
The car runs fine but they want to buff the hood to get rid of some fisheye effect so I will be picking it up tomorrow at noon. And yeah, USAA was easy to deal with and transferred all the money to my checking account for me to pay the shop, and did it early on. I've never had a problem with them, they even told me I could sign up for rental car coverage AFTER my accident at any time if I needed something to drive. They have been great!

Shmi

No license plate holes! [woot]

Feels real good to have it back. Paint work looks great, everything looks top notch and comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't wait to take her out for a little road trip this weekend to stretch her legs out. Got it back right in time for the v102 Cobb update too [driving]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks better than new lol. Glad to have you back Shmi

airjor13

2000 Post Club
They did a good job! I did a walkaround with the guy who was handling my car, got down close to check the paint and everything looks very good.

Thanks man... it feels really good to be back in the car. [like]
Good to have you back man!! Us locals need to get together!!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Looks even FASTERER than before and it was faster then too :) gotta love me some Blue ...