Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Short Throw/Bushings

I just picked up my 2015 FiST and am looking to have cleaner shifts and a reduction in throw. I'm looking for a Short throw kit and base bushings to tighten things up. Can anyone recommend an item that is fairly simple to install and performs well? I see there's a couple of different options but not sure what to go with.

Thanks in advance!

OP
D
Thread Starter #4

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
From what I've read this thing is a pain in the ass to install? Any good videos out there showing a how to?
It's a pain in the butt for sure, but is it worth it? Oh heck ya. I would scrape all my knuckles again to have it installed.

The instructions that come with the Mountune short shift kit are detailed. If you're mechanically inclined you won't have an issue. You just have to remove a bunch of stock battery crap to get access to the shifter.

Whatever you do, stay away from RH Renntechnik, their design is a carbon copy of Mountune's early design when had trouble engaging in 6th (I had to take a dremmel to the shifter... linkage(?) just to get 5th/6th to engage properly.

I'd prefer the Mountune if I had a do-over. Free (and fast) shipping, and they have an incredible price now (used to be $250, that's why I decided to save $20-$30 on the RH Renntechnik, at the time) - http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-quick-shift-Fiesta-ST-2014-p/2238-bqs-aa.htm

Chuckable

Mountune is a pain to install, but worth the effort! It's really just the one bolt you have to thread in from the bottom. There's precious little space. I think I read about someone even removing the selector shaft to gain access.

Have the Boomba kit, very much worth it. Also a bit of a pain in the ass to install, but not bad. I'm not terribly mechanically inclined, so about an hour or so from start to finish.