Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should I change my clutch?

GoshDanIt

Ok this is kind of a long story, but here goes:

About a year ago, my clutch pedal started sticking intermittently. Eventually it was sticking pretty consistently. I noticed some fluid leaking down the clutch master cylinder under the pedal, so I ordered one. Got it about 3 months later and installed it. Everything was fine for about an hour of hard driving, then back to a sticky pedal. I begrudgingly ordered a slave cylinder, and figured while I was in there I would do the clutch and flywheel as well. I figured that 130k was as good a time as any to change everything out. About 2 months and $600 later, I got everything in. I started getting ready to pull the trans and noticed that the new master cylinder was leaking from the lower connection. After looking into that, I found the little rubber seal on the end of the line wasn’t seated properly. I reseated it, and suddenly my clutch holds pressure again! But now I have to decide if I want to change everything else. Should I just go for it? Or return my new parts and leave it be since it seems to me good now? I’ve heard some stories of new slave cylinders going bad immediately upon installation so I’m a little apprehensive.

TL;DR: fixed my sticky clutch petal with a new clutch master cylinder, but I also bought a new slave cylinder and clutch. Should I change the slave/clutch anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

GoshDanIt

Thread Starter #4
That’s what I was leaning toward. It’s only been few days since I reseated the seal, and I’m still paranoid that it’s not actually fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk