Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should I just take the turbo off for this... ?

XanRules

Howdy everyone.

Simple question, I think - next weekend in preparation for a tune I’m going to be installing a new wastegate actuator, bypass valve, and turbo inlet on my stock turbo. At that point is it just easier to take the turbo off, or can I work around everything? The car will be up on a lift if that helps.

If I need to take the turbo off, anyone got a write up and the part numbers for the gaskets I’ll want to replace when I put it back on?

Thanks!

Erick_V

I imagine the WGA would be the only not fun thing to install with the turbo still in the car. I personally wouldn't want to take things off if I didn't have to. Just one more headache to deal with if you do something incorrectly. I think you need the turbo to manifold gasket and the oil drain gasket. Might also be a good idea to grab hardware for the turbo to downpipe connection. My studs felt like they were going to snap when I installed a downpipe. I believe Whoosh carries all of what you need.

I'm also wanting to install a WGA and would love a writeup. I haven't been able to find one but the install seems simple enough.