Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
XXX[emoji3517] 47. Trump Curse strikes again [emoji631]
Thinking back on it, the only issue I had was with boost surging under partial throttle. I can only think that the turbo blanket decreased spool time and only made the issue worse. I wasn’t concerned as when I noticed it, it just went full throttle. Perhaps I’ll have a competent tuner look at the new turbo and do what they can to eliminate that issue and ensure it’s running properly.

For £385 I can get essentially a new turbo - it’s the Pumaspeed ‘rebuild’ option but even includes shaft and impellers I’d needed. Clearly it’s needed!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thinking back on it, the only issue I had was with boost surging under partial throttle. I can only think that the turbo blanket decreased spool time and only made the issue worse. I wasn’t concerned as when I noticed it, it just went full throttle. Perhaps I’ll have a competent tuner look at the new turbo and do what they can to eliminate that issue and ensure it’s running properly.

For £385 I can get essentially a new turbo - it’s the Pumaspeed ‘rebuild’ option but even includes shaft and impellers I’d needed. Clearly it’s needed!
Who tuned this one? I’m still tuning my replacement X47 with Jared at Stratifiedauto. It definitely doesn’t surge. He’s making micro adjustments it seems.. We’re on the 12th revision, which is fine with me.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
Who tuned this one? I’m still tuning my replacement X47 with Jared at Stratifiedauto. It definitely doesn’t surge. He’s making micro adjustments it seems.. We’re on the 12th revision, which is fine with me.
Stratified auto but they don't like me anymore since I told everyone that they take their time on revisions.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I gotta be the lucky one because usually it’s 24hrs for me. However, I haven’t heard from him since Thursday haha! It’s all good. Puma saw my logs and didn’t say anything negative so I figured I’d stay put. I love their tunes too. Good luck man. Bummer yours failed like that.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ported exhaust manifold for one. It may help your tuner get the same power without turning up the boost which may also mitigate popping the deck from exhaust gas reversion. Just a thought
Huh? Nobody runs cams with that more overlap. The restriction on a stock body turbo is the turbo.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #195
X-47R arrived yesterday - still waiting for the new set of o-rings for my GFB Diverter valve (GFB has awesome customer service - shout out to Harrison).

With summer in full force and my favourite road opening up soon I really want to get this back on the road...

I should be doing the oil and filter today and then it's off to get the samples tested - should be interesting to see what's what.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #197
Local company is cleaning up the intercooler and flushing it out - they found a leak on their leak down test and fixed it up - as clean as it can be going back in ($168 CAD later...).

While everything was apart I went ahead and ported my exhaust manifold - there were distinct carbon rings on it where the gases from the block were coming and hitting it - opening it all up should improve air flow.

And the Pumaspeed turbo elbow also had some lips on the inside which I knocked off best I could:

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #198
I've considered building a rear diffuser for the car but I don't think I can make anything as nice as the Versus piece so... it's en-route.
https://www.verus-engineering.com/product-page/rear-diffuser-ford-fiesta-st-mk7

When I get a chance to play with the skid plate I made for the front it's going to get splitter extensions and a couple support rods right to the cross member - also in the works are hood vents and (CMComposites WRC style) and some splitter low pressure zone funnels. I'll probably make some custom canards for it as well as my tires poke out so much I think it's creating a vortex on the side which isn't helping my aero.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #199
Rear diffuser installed - very easy, just a bit tricky getting the nuts on the backside of bolts in tight spots as my fingers don't fing as well as they used to.

Mix match intake also 'complete' as I installed the Whoosh Crossover Pipe and the Mountune High Flow Induction Hose - perhaps they'll help out, at least they don't add any bling to the engine bay.

I need to get the front skid plate back on and perhaps mount it a bit better with some rod supports to the front bumper crash beam - I'd like to have a removable splitter for use in summer and remove it for winter. It has to be functional though so that means I have to be able to stand on it, hence some sturdy mounting locations.

I received pricing for the CMComposite hood vents and it's reasonable so I'll probably order them up... I've got a stack of parts for winter install - can't wait to run an LSD in this car.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #200
Quick report on the diffuser - it's definitely doing something back there. The car feels a lot more stable at speed (110 mph+) and so it's not as hairy changing lanes or going over uneven tarmac at speed. Very happy with the first impressions of it. I need to get a few other things sorted with other vehicles and then use some left over material to make the front splitter attachment and more properly secure the skid plate.

Hood vents have been ordered from CMComposites - having a hard time waiting to pull the trigger on skid plate air funnels... They're definitely going on the the skid plate to suck some air out from under the front of the car and with the rally vents, let it out the top.

I've never been one for body kits or exterior mods but I'm hoping that these changes won't make it look too out of place, even if they do all I am looking for is function. With a few aerodynamic tweaks I really hope to get the car nice and planted.