Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

Sync3 comes with or without Nav from Ford.

I needed the USB module upgrade to get CarPlay and I'll use Apple maps for nav.
Sorry, my fingers are bad today... I meant the SD card navigation. MY '14 needs an SD card for nav to work. But the USB hub you bought doesn't have a slot for it. So I'm wondering if Sync3 doesn't need the SD card.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
Sorry, my fingers are bad today... I meant the SD card navigation. MY '14 needs an SD card for nav to work. But the USB hub you bought doesn't have a slot for it. So I'm wondering if Sync3 doesn't need the SD card.
Ha!

Now I understand - the SD card isn't needed for the Sync3 nav as it's built in to the heat sink (as you've identified the screens as being identical, the difference lies in the heat sink).

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #145
I should note, this is going back and forth on the same road - the many layered graph includes two days of runs to town and the last one is just the top 4 (3 of which were from the second day).

The runs are all very accurate (barometer read out on the Accessport is used along with ambient air temperature) as the road I have is super long and super smooth. As you can see, I've got no problem doing 4th gear pulls to redline. For the car weight, I've visited the local weight scale multiple times and it's always within +50lbs depending on how much gas I have.

Hope this pins down the numbers for the X-47, I'm plenty happy with it and will be adding meth for shits and giggles come summer along with suspension and sticky tires on my lightweight 17" Motegi's.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #147
but of course, good things only last so long - driving on gravel I hit a really really sharp rock which punched a hole right through the center of the tire - as I was on gravel I didn't notice until pavement and by then it was too late. I turned down the music to listen and then 'POP!' Slamming on the brakes and pulling over I knew I had a flat - was just hoping I saved the wheel!! Thankfully it seems to be in fine shape - now I just need to get two new tires...

jeff

2000 Post Club
Ergggggg dang that sucks on your tires, hope they weren't too new.

Great numbers on the X47, 270/300ish is fantastic, you've got more torque than I do on 93 octane, I'm in the 280s consistently. Wish you were near and we could drive each other's cars and feel the difference in tune. Just not through gravel hahaha. Back when I was on the stocker turbo I had both Adam and Strat's tunes and swapped back and forth, they were both excellent but definitely felt different.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #149
I worked with [MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION] on building sub boxes for our little Pioneer subs which worked out quite well - easy to install for sure.

The only issue I had was getting the LOC to work as the one I ordered off Amazon didn't work - off to the local shop and I was $60 poorer.

Tapping in to the front speaker at the passenger side kick panel - orange with white and purple with white. Easily identified as they're twisted together.

Adding the wiring to the battery

Running down the side of the car

Tapping the fuse block for a circuit that was on / off with ignition - used to turn on the amp

Install done - this was before it was carpeted and I ended up changing out the amp to a Pioneer unit as this MTX one was not cooperating.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #150
Ergggggg dang that sucks on your tires, hope they weren't too new.

Great numbers on the X47, 270/300ish is fantastic, you've got more torque than I do on 93 octane, I'm in the 280s consistently. Wish you were near and we could drive each other's cars and feel the difference in tune. Just not through gravel hahaha. Back when I was on the stocker turbo I had both Adam and Strat's tunes and swapped back and forth, they were both excellent but definitely felt different.
8/32nds left out of 10/32nds they started with... not so thrilled.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
but of course, good things only last so long - driving on gravel I hit a really really sharp rock which punched a hole right through the center of the tire - as I was on gravel I didn't notice until pavement and by then it was too late. I turned down the music to listen and then 'POP!' Slamming on the brakes and pulling over I knew I had a flat - was just hoping I saved the wheel!! Thankfully it seems to be in fine shape - now I just need to get two new tires...

That DOES suck, but then those are not exactly what I would call 'gravel rally' tires either. [:(] ;)
I wonder if those were Altimax Arctics or such on winter wheels in a 15" size if they would have fared any/much better. [dunno]

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
That DOES suck, but then those are not exactly what I would call 'gravel rally' tires either. [:(] ;)
I wonder if those were Altimax Arctics or such on winter wheels in a 15" size if they would have fared any/much better. [dunno]
Whoa whoa whoa - you're saying I can't do 100kmph on gravel using high performance summer tires without repercussions? BAH!!

My wallet says you're right though... Still undecided on what to do but I really loved those tires so I'll probably get two of the new design. I don't think much would have saved me from this puncture besides speed... who knows.

Winter tires will be on soon enough, they're 'small' 215/45R17's but they do the trick.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #155
Yep, 1080 is the 3M automotive product line and it's relatively easy to install - I had some extra laying around from a previous project so that's why I chose to install it on the front lip. Really like how it hides that middle section though. Very content with the front end of the car now - even without a splitter.