Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Show me your tint!

Erick_V

Just in case anyone wants to see what 5% all around looks like. (yah its not legal here either) Right now im thinking i went too dark we'll see if i get used to it may eventually drop down to 20% in front unless i have to remove it involuntarily first.
I have 5% in my rears and I can't see anything late at night, I can't imagine it on the fronts lol

I have 5% in my rears and I can't see anything late at night, I can't imagine it on the fronts lol

Im getting used to it starting to like it now. During the day its fine.

Right now its rough cause the tint shop said dont roll the windows down for 3 days i have to back out of my long driveway at night using only the backup camera :LOL: Have to be careful making left turns too can hardly see the medians

70% Rayno front windshield 35% Rayno S9 front 20% Rayno S9 rear it’s hugely cooler in the sun, nearly all the heat rejected. And in different light types it looks darker and lighter. Overcast it’s pitch black, direct sun with no clouds the fronts are almost clear. But with polarized glasses it does make reflections rainbow. And I would get the front windshield done if you are bothered by the dash radiating heat while the rest of the car is cool. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I see the 20% the more I like the 20% all around. I was at work when hubs picked it out and he knew since I only have a greencard I try to avoid getting pulled over. I guess that means I should drive slower?

The more I see the 20% the more I like the 20% all around. I was at work when hubs picked it out and he knew since I only have a greencard I try to avoid getting pulled over. I guess that means I should drive slower?
Oh no no no you don't want to drive slower, the tint is to hide your identity when you get in a car chase and try to outrun the fuzz. [driving] [gunfire][thankyou]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here is mine....solar ceramic tint....seems to help with keeping it cooler. I have a Dr's note/letter for mine here in Mn....I can't be ticketed! Haha Johnny law....EAD! The windshield banner helps tremendously....glad I have it. It can be driven without sunglasses!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
More so than many other vehicles, the FiST really does look great in tint. There are a few reasons I don't tint my vehicles though.

If it were tinted, this is how it would look...

(image expires after a time period)

So the joke goes...
DWB = Driving While Black
...which is a play on the crime of...
DWI = Driving While Intoxicated
...so in the age of...
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-joe-arpaio-verdict-20170706-story.html
...you can pretty well guess what DWH stands for.
All through the centuries folks just rename immoralities as though that removes or lessens the act being purpotrated. Like (intellectual) property "theft" became "piracy" for one (of many) examples. In this case, "prejudice" got renamed to "profiling", which then made it legal/okay for most courts/jurisdictions.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Everyone - be sure to remove GPS data from your photos before posting.

Just in case anyone wants to see what 5% all around looks like. (yah its not legal here either) Right now im thinking i went too dark we'll see if i get used to it may eventually drop down to 20% in front unless i have to remove it involuntarily first.

View attachment 20837
That LG MP260 camera took a really sharp picture there!

Mikey456

Here is mine....solar ceramic tint....seems to help with keeping it cooler. I have a Dr's note/letter for mine here in Mn....I can't be ticketed! Haha Johnny law....EAD! The windshield banner helps tremendously....glad I have it. It can be driven without sunglasses!

I just went with a windshield banner too. It’s been overcast so I have not really tested it yet. I also did not go down as far as you did. I stopped at the black dots in the middle of the windshield.

More so than many other vehicles, the FiST really does look great in tint. There are a few reasons I don't tint my vehicles though.

If it were tinted, this is how it would look...

(image expires after a time period)

So the joke goes...
DWB = Driving While Black
...which is a play on the crime of...
DWI = Driving While Intoxicated
...so in the age of...
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-joe-arpaio-verdict-20170706-story.html
...you can pretty well guess what DWH stands for.
All through the centuries folks just rename immoralities as though that removes or lessens the act being purpotrated. Like (intellectual) property "theft" became "piracy" for one (of many) examples. In this case, "prejudice" got renamed to "profiling", which then made it legal/okay for most courts/jurisdictions.
Ah I understand.
Well I'm Canadian so DWH doesn't apply :D

I’m trying to decide what to do for tint. I’m limited to 35% on the front windows by state law but all other windows are not limited. If you could share a picture and % to give me an idea of what it may look like I would appreciate it!

I just did mine a few days ago. I got 20% all around with a 6inch 5% sunstrip

Attachments

Mikey456

I just did mine a few days ago. I got 20% all around with a 6inch 5% sunstrip
Looks like mine with the banner tint at 5%. My tint is not as dark all around though. I just matched the front tint with the rear tint I got from the dealer. Forgot the %

It took me One minute to talk to my ophthalmologist..... One minute to pull the Dr. letter / Prescription out of my glove box if asked.....Didn't get Limo tint either. In the end all worth not being able to be told remove your tint or else and Here is your Citation sir.....Lets take time off of work to go fight it and then end up paying a fine. Ill post up some pics of the banner....I don't have to use sunglasses if I don't want to also so there is more money saved.[woot]
Since I'm in CA and did 5% rears and 20% fronts, I am interested in this. Did you have to find an ophthalmologist of "questionable" morals to create the note? Is this something only available in certain states?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Since I'm in CA and did 5% rears and 20% fronts, I am interested in this. Did you have to find an ophthalmologist of "questionable" morals to create the note? Is this something only available in certain states?
Nope....I just asked my ophthalmologist about it and told them the issues I have with road glare via Sun or other sources of light.