Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

side skirts glue being undone in the heat

Both of my side skirts had broken clips and lifted the 3M tape clean off. First dealer told me they would send it out for repair under warranty, but never did. Even after two tries with them. Second dealer said no problem, had it fixed in less than 10 hours.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

While replacing the rotors and pads, I noticed this on the driver side. The passenger side doesn’t look bad, but it looks like it’s getting there, too. I’ll have to look into it ASAP because even if it’s not noticeable to anyone not looking for it, it is driving me NUTS! :LOL:

xxiaze

I fixed mine with this... has worked wonderful. Just get creative with how to hold pressure against the skirt while it cures. I believe I leaned a 2x4 propped against it with like a cinderblock leaning against the 2x4 for pressure. You might be able to clamp it... I tried but didn’t have the right clamps or something. I kinda forget because it was a while ago. It works awesome though. The glue is rubberized like the factory glue they used there and it is black. Also fixed my mud flap gaps with this and my roof rubber trim.

0E21C000-5ECF-4579-B910-06F5642810ED.jpeg

Last edited:
I fixed mine with this... has worked wonderful. Just get creative with how to hold pressure against the skirt while it cures. I believe I leaned a 2x4 propped against it with like a cinderblock leaning against the 2x4 for pressure. You might be able to clamp it... I tried but didn’t have the right clamps or something. I kinda forget because it was a while ago. It works awesome though. The glue is rubberized like the factory glue they used there and it is black. Also fixed my mid flap gap with this and my roof rubber trim.

View attachment 31118
Great tip. Thanks. I’ll give it a go ASAP!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, even the very strongest of the 3M automotive double-sided tapes would not hold on my passenger side one, and it was after it was already fully replaced with a new one and painted by the dealer's body shop under warranty. [mad]

I am NOT bringing it back there to have them 'try again', so I am going to use the JB Weld/Permatex very high strength (like ~5000 PSI) automotive adhesives to bond it on there, and I will not care if it is 'permanent', as long as it HOLDS!!
This stuff is readily available, and 1/25th the cost of the auto body shop 'pro' 3M adhesive. [:)]

(This stuff was the ONLY thing that held that roof seam rubber/EPDM molding in place when that started to peel back in the front, on both sides. [wink])

I've got the same problem, but it's compounded by the fact that the rearmost clip is broken. Any idea what the part number for that clip would be?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My clip is broken on driver side and the adhesive failed.. Hit it with some epoxy resin and it's going nowhere now.