Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Single Port Aux Fuel Valve Cleaning Results

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Just sharing some before and after pictures of the cleaning effects of single port aux fuel (E50). I'm using the results from Cylinder #1 only because my scope will only reach those valves without major disassembly of the intake manifold.

Cylinder #1 intake valves before single port aux fuel (110,000 miles)

IMG_5090.jpeg
IMG_5089.jpeg

Cylinder #1 intake valves after single port aux fuel (112,600 miles). I brought my car to the track after the aux fuel was installed so I was WOT quite a bit throughout the day. Aux Fuel was installed and tuning completed on August 22, 2019. Track day was October 7th, 2019.

IMG_5447.jpeg
IMG_5444.jpeg

I'd say those are pretty good results after 2,500 miles.

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Just sharing some before and after pictures of the cleaning effects of single port aux fuel. I'm using the results from Cylinder #1 only because my scope will only reach those valves without major disassembly of the intake manifold.

Cylinder #1 intake valves before single port aux fuel (110,000 miles)

View attachment 24647
View attachment 24648

Cylinder #1 intake valves after single port aux fuel (112,600 miles). I brought my car to the track after the aux fuel was installed so I was WOT quite a bit throughout the day. Aux Fuel was installed and tuning completed on August 22, 2019. Track day was October 7th, 2019.

View attachment 24649
View attachment 24650

I'd say those are pretty good results after 2,500 miles.
Those are horrible results!!

Means I have to spend more money!!

Who's Aux Fuel system did you install. I have a 2019 with about 5900 miles on it and I've been contemplating about adding a single point Aux Fuel specifically to keep the valves clean. In an ideal world I would like to see a system that could be specifically set up to do valve cleaning by feeding just enough fuel to do the job and have the "tune" pull fuel from the direct injectors to compensate.

PS: I was told by a dealer that the 2020 Coyote engine will get port FI added specifically to keep the valves clean and by 2021 ALL direct injection engines will have this secondary injection system. I suspect that this will open a whole new world of options for Tuners.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Keep in mind that Virtual Ronin has only been running this kit for a little bit. He also has 110k on his car so it can pile on the carbon over that mileage. Using a good fuel cleaner with Poly Ether Amine\ PEA will help out Vs. just relying on Premium Fuel to clean off the build up.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Who's Aux Fuel system did you install. I have a 2019 with about 5900 miles on it and I've been contemplating about adding a single point Aux Fuel specifically to keep the valves clean. In an ideal world I would like to see a system that could be specifically set up to do valve cleaning by feeding just enough fuel to do the job and have the "tune" pull fuel from the direct injectors to compensate.

PS: I was told by a dealer that the 2020 Coyote engine will get port FI added specifically to keep the valves clean and by 2021 ALL direct injection engines will have this secondary injection system. I suspect that this will open a whole new world of options for Tuners.
They Coyote has had it since 2018.......stay away from that dealer!

"The upgraded and updated Coyote brings several new features to the table over the “Gen 2” Coyote engine found in the 2015-2017 Mustang. The most prominent change to the Coyote platform is the dual injection fuel system now feeding the engine. With both port and direct fuel injectors found on the new Mustangs, Ford engineers (and aftermarket tuners!) will be able to extract more low end torque and better fuel economy from the Coyote."

They Coyote has had it since 2018.......stay away from that dealer!

"The upgraded and updated Coyote brings several new features to the table over the “Gen 2” Coyote engine found in the 2015-2017 Mustang. The most prominent change to the Coyote platform is the dual injection fuel system now feeding the engine. With both port and direct fuel injectors found on the new Mustangs, Ford engineers (and aftermarket tuners!) will be able to extract more low end torque and better fuel economy from the Coyote."

Seems the Service Manager at my dealer is a bit behind the times. Probably because he's been pushing a desk for 15 years or so. As for having that, or any dealer, do major service on my car, that isn't going to happen. Way to many stories about dealer mistakes and with a background of wrenching going back to 1965 I would much prefer to do the work myself. BTW, since I'm also a bit behind the times with every other car I've owned featuring a carburetor I do need to do some catching up. So I have the Ford Service Manual on CD and a whole forum to help me out when I'm scratching my head. Life is Good.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Seems the Service Manager at my dealer is a bit behind the times. Probably because he's been pushing a desk for 15 years or so. As for having that, or any dealer, do major service on my car, that isn't going to happen. Way to many stories about dealer mistakes and with a background of wrenching going back to 1965 I would much prefer to do the work myself. BTW, since I'm also a bit behind the times with every other car I've owned featuring a carburetor I do need to do some catching up. So I have the Ford Service Manual on CD and a whole forum to help me out when I'm scratching my head. Life is Good.
I wish the carb, points and distributor was still around, made $$ in High School rebuilding carbs in the late 60's.

Se7eN

Keep in mind that Virtual Ronin has only been running this kit for a little bit. He also has 110k on his car so it can pile on the carbon over that mileage. Using a good fuel cleaner with Poly Ether Amine\ PEA will help out Vs. just relying on Premium Fuel to clean off the build up.
Makes ya wonder how much cleaner your valves have to be with 4 port aux...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm at literally half of Virtuals mileage and running 4port with the occasional fuel cleaner every 5k with PEA or Chevron w/Techron just to give it an extra edge vs just running 93 octane. Maybe I'll get aggressive and snake my boroscope up my intake just for poops. We will see though...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikey456

Nobody does walnut blasting for the intakes for our cars? I think the BMW guys get that service done.

Mikey456

I meant as an alternative to aux fuel. I have not heard of anybody doing it in this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #17
Maybe I'll get aggressive and snake my boroscope up my intake just for poops. We will see though...
You should! It's really easy to check the cylinder #1 intake valves by removing the MAP sensor (thanks to @koozy for the suggestion) and going in through there with a borescope. At least you'll have an idea of what the valves look like. The whole process only takes a few minutes. I'll be checking my valves every oil change just to track the progress.

It's nearly impossible to get to any of the other intake valves from the TB opening with the low buck scope I have. I tried when I was installing my single port but lost patience and didn't want to waste any more time on it. The trouble is you can't make adjustments to the scope as you feed it through the intake manifold. Not saying it can't be done, it's just very tedious.

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Makes ya wonder how much cleaner your valves have to be with 4 port aux...
Why would a 4 port clean the values any more than a single injection? It's the same amount of fuel. Also, some 4 ports don't inject into both intake tracts.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #19
Why would a 4 port clean the values any more than a single injection? It's the same amount of fuel. Also, some 4 ports don't inject into both intake tracts.
I'd like to reply to this question but it is not intended to be argumentative, just my opinion based on my own experience with aux fuel and through my own research on the two systems offered by Stratified.

In my opinion, a 4 port aux fuel system is superior to the single port. The 4 port adds more fuel per cylinder resulting in more HP and increased valve cleaning. The design of the system places the injectors at an optimal angle in relation to the valves and valve runners and divides the injector fuel spray pattern of each injector between the two intake valve runners of each cylinder. The 4 port offers more precise fuel control and delivery as well as improved valve cleaning over the single port.

The single port is a great system; affordable, easy to install, and it works well but it is limited by the fact that is is only a single injector. And you can only add as much fuel as that single injector will provide.

This is just my opinion and is based on my own experience through hands on installation, working with my tuner, and documenting actual results on the dyno and documenting the cleaning results. I don't care to engage in arguing which system is best because I already know the answer. I chose the single port because it fit my budget and power goals.

I highly recommend anyone who is interested in aux fuel to consult their tuner to see which system will fit their needs, power goals, and budget.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nobody does walnut blasting for the intakes for our cars? I think the BMW guys get that service done.
Mitch @CP-E in Spartanburg, S.C. does this service for our cars, but he is the ONLY one within 1000 miles of where I am I've ever heard of offering this cleaning. [:(]