Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SITH Racing - Developing Upper Motor and Transmission Mount Set for FiST

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm going to make a video tomorrow with water and apparently tofu lol will post as soon as it's done
Thanks, guys. I know it seems silly, but it's something everyone can compare to using their own car as a baseline. Won't give you feel, that's for sure, but it's something. The willingness to acquiesce to a simple request is greatly appreciated and it goes a looooong way in building trust between consumers and manufacturers.

Very interested! And I'm only 45 minutes away [MENTION=4448]amarweb@sithracing[/MENTION] :( Wish I knew you needed a test fit car. I'd let you borrow it for a while.

Very interested! And I'm only 45 minutes away [MENTION=4448]amarweb@sithracing[/MENTION] :( Wish I knew you needed a test fit car. I'd let you borrow it for a while.
Half an hour away, let know when u need a FiST for test fit and track testing ;-)

meFiSTo

Checking in here and subscribing. Read through the posts and am very interested. Looking forward to seeing pricing and timing. I broke a stock mount on my old SVT Focus, then replaced them with VF Engineering mounts. Car was stiff, but never a problem after that. Hoping these will do the trick for me.

I wonder if going back to a stock rmm and throwing these in would do more for the car than just a rmm?

Those are not cheap.

I'm going to wait to break something (again) before I take the leap.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will order the passenger side mount only when I know where I will be long enough to have it shipped there:)

I built a low weight drivers side close to two years ago, stopped the movement and less weight as it does not hold the battery any longer, still working just fine.

meFiSTo

Any specific reason to get one vs. the other and not both besides $$$? I have a Cobb RMM. I figure getting one of these vs. both might be a little less harsh, but wouldn't that then transfer stress to the weakest remaining mount? Or would doing one protect that remaining stock mount from the stress of engine/transmission movement?

Just curious. Thanks for ANYONE with thoughts on this chiming in.

You are spot on, only getting one transfers the stress all to the last stock one. Plus being balanced having both uppers, vibration is normally less, than if you have one or the other.

Also keep in mind the lower rear members already have fit in the palm of your hand and are in the $160 range. These upper mounts are each around 6 X 8 X 8.... Four times the size.... They are not small.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I find the price reasonable considering development time, manf time, materials, online time, etc.....

--------------

If you can only get one or one at a time I would go for the passenger side first as it has proven to be a issue, the drivers side not so yet.

--------------

The drivers side has a gap of approx 1/8" on the front and rear and 1/4" on top between the rubber covering the aluminum section bolted to the transaxle can move until it contacts the stock metal cover over it.

-------------

Getting both is best, getting one then passenger side first then drivers when you can.

I would buy both but as mentioned I already built my own drivers side mount long ago though I am still tempted to get both.