Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Smalls (A Build)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I will say that the initial tune he gave me to run was pretty good, he has made 3-4 revisions so far on it and its close, just waiting on the aux fuel setup to finish it up.
3-4 revisions doesn't take to long, depends on how quick the turn around is on each one. Including you getting logs to them and them making changes, couple times its been a day or two before I got around to getting him new logs.

As this point since we started tuning back on my original ATP kit Russ has made 19 revisions, he is probably just getting tired of me now :)

Here is the first pull I did on the new kit on the first revision in 3rd gear, ignore the wheel spin and the green line is my old kits best performance.

View attachment 7616
hey thanks for posting...eager to see final results soon!

SFP

After some more machining and some thread work I finally got the tow hook mounted at the depth I wanted, basically as deep as I could go while retaining room to mount the gopro on it still. I has about 2.5-3 inches of thread into the crash bar and a locking nut attached on the back side.

Thanks again to Russ for getting the crash bar fabricated to accept it.

View attachment 7573
Damn I shoulda had him do that with mine. I still havent opened up the grill as I have two of them laying around here to work on.

I saw you mentioned a billet compressor wheel.

I have looked and found a couple 6/6 blade billet compressors for the GT2560r but no technical information about them.

I'm really impressed with the results of your quick spool kit but how much of that is the compressor wheel?

What I understand about compressors is that the billet wheels are usually designed to flow more air which suggests a more aggressive blade pitch that I think might hurt spool by putting more load on the turbine. To improve spool the billet compressor wheels are also made lighter to reduce inertia.

Will a billet wheel improve spool or does it just flow more air which I can't use without race fuel or an ethanol mix and aux fuel?

It would be helpful if you could tell the configuration of your turbo setup when you installed it and what it seemed to do at that point.

Thanks and I hope to join the DHM quick spool turbo club soon.

OP
W
Thread Starter #66
Just updating my build page with a newer photo with hood vents.

13040998_246410305712221_2076073511705167545_o.jpg