Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So, I drove an Edge ST and nobody should be shocked with my thoughts

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm at the gym watching this idiot trying to park his Ford raptor looks like it took three attempts. I actually like the raptor, but I guess this is a future we get to look forward to people trying to cram behemoths into parking spots.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Lol sweet vid. I gotta agree with the poster. They didn’t do much to this thing and just slapped st badge on it. It’s sad. Way better options out there for suvs in This price range.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I totally agree with you about Mazda them seem to be going down the enthuisiasts road with a sense of balance. Few Japanese car companies these days seem to manage this as deftly.
Honda seems to get all polarized to fanboi streetracer riceboi esthetic of late.
Toyota is just relying on other companies to take a load off.
Nissan all but lost their way from once being Japans premier sports car oriented car company. Despite their long history of racing heritage.
Suburu well Suburu is into being the Northwestern cold climate peoples cars with a nod towards rally but soft now.

Where is Ford in all of this well they are not here in the U.S. beyond pickups and SUV’s.
[MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION] I think you had the right idea and if you had a little road time the video would have been completely effective. You were on the right tact but may if you edited the dialogue to speak about what even wrote here. About how you connect immediately to a vehicle done right and you jusf don’ t connect here with the Edge ST.
My brother and I were both talking about trying to get seat time in the Edge ST and EcoSport where we can really drive the crossovers and see how they perform. Nobody will let you test drive an Edge ST. I don't think we would have a problem with an EcoSport, in fact, I almost ended up with a rental one this week while on vacation. My journalist friends, who went to the Edge ST event in Utah, weren't really impressed with the Edge ST and said I wouldn't like it. They all know that I love the Fiesta ST and Focus RS and that the Edge ST would not be for me. They don't have the hatred for the Edge ST that I have, but they are more objective and far less emotional review. None that I talked to about the crossover were really impressed and they all say how much they enjoy the Fiesta ST. They don't have the same love for the Focus ST and RS that they have for the Fiesta ST.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;qup6s2caqRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qup6s2caqRQ[/video]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just Drove my Mothers Edge sport.....Same thing except name badging and a new Grill. [giggle] Id rather put ice picks through my balls than buy a Edge st....Notice I don't capitalize the st....its not a true st....just a rebadged POS.[party]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Lol sweet vid. I gotta agree with the poster. They didn’t do much to this thing and just slapped st badge on it. It’s sad. Way better options out there for suvs in This price range.
Yeah the stelvio is in that range and it’s fun to drive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah the stelvio is in that range and it’s fun to drive.
A friend of mine had one....it was as unrealiable as a fiero on a good day and plagued by Bugs in the system. It spent more time getting fixed and he lemon lawed it. Sad...nice looking vehicle and a blast to drive to the grocery store.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Never buy an Alfa Romero only lease. The Alfa Romero Giulia Quadrifoglio is a fantastic car but on the long-term reviews they are extremely unreliable.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

yeah, nobody should be shocked. I might just hate the Edge ST more than anything ever created.
I must concur. Ford would have been more honest to just offer an edge sport + or whatever. It's not an ST in the sense that we understand ST to be. Hell, I drove a used, former 2015 Taurus police package sedan with 60k on the odometer that felt more entertaining than the loaded Edge ST I recently drove. The Taurus would have been better with a pair of Mustang Recaro seats and a much lighter/wider wheel and tire setup. It's apples and oranges for comparison. But, I'm pretty sure I could make Johnny Laws old Taurus into a more entertaining drive than the Edge ST even lacking the preferred manual transmission. This particular Edge is a pretty blunt instrument.

Hey, Bryan! You mentioned that you were able to examine some new Mazda product. I heard that the 6 is not available with a manual transmission this year? I just read, or maybe misread, that the 3 can only be equipped with a m/t in top specification trim? I really hope that Mazda goes the route of making an m/t part of an equipment package! I think a group that includes a good 6 speed m/t, a REAL limited slip differential and a premium wheel and tire setup would be very desirable. Did the Mazda guys indicate that something like that is being considered?

I had all those feelings when I first heard about it. Fords screwing us FiST owners with this. what's even worse is they're putting the ST badge on an Explorer as well. Just a damn shame[rofl]

I had all those feelings when I first heard about it. Fords screwing us FiST owners with this. what's even worse is they're putting the ST badge on an Explorer as well. Just a damn shame[rofl]
Ford didn't screw us. We didn't buy many Fiesta ST's. They have two semi trailers full of ST badges! They don't need no stinking badges. To quote a classic movie line. This is a case of marketing stepping in to try and salvage some equity out of the mistaken idea that Very many Americans want a enthusiast manual transmission car. For those of us who have been around for a while, Ford did the same thing in the 1970's with the Cobra name & brand image. It's not a new phenomena. Image below is one of the most almost felonious misappropriations in brand history. Grad students in marketing could write term papers about shit like this! 1978-ford-mustang-cobra-headlights.jpg

Last edited:

Jerickson88

I'm optimistic about them, with hopes of Cobb getting involved. Again, at the crushing speed you were, there's no way you could wind out the motor for induction noise. You got in the vehicle hating it before you flipped the key.

I dont like Fords direction, but comparing a crossover SUV I any capacity to a compact tuner car will lead to much disappointment.

My stepdad would love it. The man owned track prepped MG's and Fiats back in the 60s and 70s. He doesn't like the Fiesta. Rides too rough for him at nearly 80 years old.

I will say this about the stupid paddles and gear selector, this is standard on many BMW and Mercedes being produced. I see thousands daily where I work and drool over the v8 biturbo badges

Bare with me. Imagine Cobb produced an Ap3, larger intercooler, and so forth for this. Also consider the FiST is an econobox, so even neutered and in stock form they are nimble (sort of) and can be easily flung around. The Edge is a big frickin box that's always gonna be a big frickin box. There's only so much that can be done with it. Again, I'd like to see an aftermarket following really draw some potential gains from them. If no one jumps on board with the aftermarket support, it will quickly die.

Last edited:
Some people think the previous generation Edge Sport was actually better. There were minimum upgeades to the new vehicle and undeserved badges. However, my wife has a '16 Sport, and I love it, for what it is. Hell, it's faster than my FiST.