Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So my oil exploded

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Anyone ever been running a wot pull get a misfire off cylinder 3, an over retard on exhaust camshaft, over advance on intake camshaft then blow plumes of smoke out of the engine bay because your oil spontaneously blew out of the engine via the dipstick tube?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
21000 miles, turbosmart 14 psi actuator pushing 29.34 psi boost, turbosmart BOV, 2jr intake and downpipe, whoosh v3 intercooler with charge pipes, symposer delete. Pretty sure my timing belt slipped. Tuned by Jason at dizzy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
21000 miles, turbosmart 14 psi actuator pushing 29.34 psi boost, turbosmart BOV, 2jr intake and downpipe, whoosh v3 intercooler with charge pipes, symposer delete. Pretty sure my timing belt slipped.

Stock Turbo? Stock tune? I do believe that these engines are Interference engines but I'm not 100% about this...if it is and your belt slipped the motor might be done. Hopefully not....but the timing will have to be checked....does it run at all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Won't start, by the time I pulled over the oil was drained. You could see on the hood where the fabric was right where it shot out from the oil dipstick tube. I was in 3rd year when I did the wot pull.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Typhoonfist yes everything else is stock. Sorry, if it's not listed I though you might assume. My bad.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The motor might be toast.....if you're really lucky it won't be. The 2j intake has been known to cause issues. If it was me I'd be re-installing all stock parts and see if it could be warranty able....or buying a boneyard 1.6. Good luck man! Maybe the oil filter failed? That's one thought....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Possibly but I just changed the oil yesterday... In fact I used penzoil 5w-20 and a k and n filter .. had any issues or heard anyone have any with these products

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I did actually get the car to start though twice but heavy smoke and very rough idle made me turn it off

I had a similar incident occur, turns out I had cracked a Bosche oil filter upon installation (with my old tacoma). Oil was everywhere and I completely drained the pan while driving through the neighborhood. Fortunately, everything was fine, put a new filter on, and refilled it up with oil.

I hope its as simple as that. I find it interesting that it occurs the day after an oil change.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Lastmk7 that's actually the first thing I check, the filter and the bolt to make sure they were still on the car because of how much oil was under the hood. But unfortunately there was a very noticeable blotch of oil right above the dipstick and the dipstick being loose tells me it came from there. I just don't understand how 4 qts of oil could be put under so much pressure that literally all of it came out of that hole. It just screams blow by to me but I don't know how I'd get that much pressure in my oil pan or crankcase

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Mazdaspeeds frequently blew the dip sticks under extreme crankcase pressures (lots of boost) without things upgraded PCV plates, vented oil catchcans, or at least an oil cap vent.

I don't see your mods, were you running more boost than usual?

Just saw your second post. Is 29psi known to be safe without additional mods?
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Currently running 29.4 psi about so about 7 psi more than the system was originally designed for. I listed mods in first post as well as on my profile for the forums.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Currently running 29.4 psi about so about 7 psi more than the system was originally designed for. I listed mods in first post as well as on my profile for the forums.

I just woke up and skimmed the thread. At this point what caused it seems secondary to the fact you may have damaged your valves among other things if your belt did slip. Rod bearings may be damaged depending on when and how much oil was lost.

Check for metal shavings when you change the oil.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Worst case scenario what parts are we looking at valves, timing belt set, what else. I'll just use them as an excuse to build I better and stronger honestly.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Worst case scenario what parts are we looking at valves, timing belt set, what else. I'll just use them as an excuse to build I better and stronger honestly.

Who are reputable builders of these motors? They'll know what you need.