Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Softer sounding tweeters?

I have hearing damage and am really sensitive to high frequency and the tweeters in this thing are absolutely killing me. They are incredibly sharp/piercing and am looking to replace them with something much warmer sounding. I'm ok with most tweeters but there is something about these OEMs that are brutal. I'm running an lc2i to a SQ Q1-1200 to a shallow mount sub but nothing else done to the headunit or components.

Probably an effect of the cheap factory crossover/resistor. I bet they are trying to compensate for the poor tweeter placement. Moved my tweeters forward to the small quarter windows. But run a 5 channel amp in network mode.(no rear seats means no rear speakers!) And a JL 12W6v3 for the lows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fiestig

I have hearing damage and am really sensitive to high frequency and the tweeters in this thing are absolutely killing me. They are incredibly sharp/piercing and am looking to replace them with something much warmer sounding. I'm ok with most tweeters but there is something about these OEMs that are brutal. I'm running an lc2i to a SQ Q1-1200 to a shallow mount sub but nothing else done to the headunit or components.

I have the same issue. I have hearing damage in my left ear from years of way too loud music when I was younger. I have been having quite a few issues as of late since I upgraded and started listening to louder music again. I am going with 2 ways in the front doors and clipping the power from the in the ear stock tweeter. My other option was to run tweets to the opposite dash corners, but just not interested in running more wire than I already have. Having the 2 ways instead of the stock components should help immensely and is quite simple whether you retain the stock mounts or get aftermarket mounts.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Something that is free and might help, is a bit of medium density foam (the black squishy stuff) Put it between the built in screen of the door and the tweeter itself.

Fiestig

Something that is free and might help, is a bit of medium density foam (the black squishy stuff) Put it between the built in screen of the door and the tweeter itself.
Actually you could take foam window insulation and just stick a opening area length above the tweeter location on the panel itself if you don't want to to pull the door. That would drown out a lot of harshness from the tweet. Good idea!