Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: New X-37 $1275 shipped no core.

Trader history for Sourskittle (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Price dropped. Ready to ship. No waiting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

Steal of a deal now lol, so let me get this straight by looking at those dyno graphs this will increase hp by about 20% but decrease tq by about 5% over stock?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Steal of a deal now lol, so let me get this straight by looking at those dyno graphs this will increase hp by about 20% but decrease tq by about 5% over stock?
Russ tuned an E30 fiesta with all the supporting to around 280whp. At 6500rpm it's prob a 120hp gain over stock lol.

The graph that Pete posted ( which seems realistic ) is pretty common from what I've heard/seen.

Supporting mods, tuner, and fuel are all factors in results of ANY turbo. But it's a huge gain over stock no matter what.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I think it's hard to get a torque reading PEAK NUMBER over and over again on V-dyno. Tire spinning or not, etc etc. and a huge factor people rarely address is the start RPM of the pull going to WOT. It can drastically change what RPM XX boost is achieved. If you make as little as 1-2 psi 300rpm faster, that's going to translate into a much greater peak torque number. And the other way as well, start the pull slightly later, and your peak torque and spool up my NOT look as amazing, but you cut the time the engine, turbo, and intercooler are under load and you could make some gains on the top side of the pull.

It's one of the few things you have to watch when comparing V-dynos.

At the end of the day, maybe compare 5 different cars torque. And don't just look at that PEAK that is happing for 1/3 of a ONE SECOND. Look at the curve over all.

A race cooler can also be a factor. The stock cooler or some of tiny coolers like Levels or Cobb and fill up instantly. A race cooler may add 1/3 of a second in fill time and then there ya go.

If you did 5 V-dynos and one said 280tq and one said 287 and one said 300 and then one said 276. In that order, what would you say the torque is? And that's why it's better to look at the curve.

Coming from someone that has drive. A turbo that makes 2psi fast but doesn't make big power until later, the car drove pretty still. All this fear of lag on LARGE turbo's maybe justified. But the driving isn't that bad at all. So really no matter your hybrid choice, your NEVER EVER going to be feel like you have too much lag or lack response. I feel like a stock un-tuned fist has more lag than than any hybrid with a tune...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

I see and you are correct, the x37 actually makes a lot more tq sooner although peak is down, id imagine it would feel much better then the stock tq curve, and possibly even make more tq steer?

Status
Not open for further replies.