Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sonoma Raceway Hotlap w/pedal cam and onboard mic

View: https://youtu.be/S4PmMxg8rnA

Thought you media guys would enjoy my lastest Fiesta video w/ pedal cam and crisp onboard commentary (I’m working on my own commentary skills but at least the sound quality is good). Although I had 4 different cameras rolling for this, I had to choose the best 3. I used a combination of my helmet microphone and the the pedal cam. Please consider subscribing, the more I get the more of these videos I can do. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cxwrench

Nice! Yeah, I'd say you had some heat in those tires by the looks of 'em. Keep up the good work!

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #3
Nice! Yeah, I'd say you had some heat in those tires by the looks of 'em. Keep up the good work!
Definitely putting them to good use! It’s also surprising what a stock Fiesta is capable of. All the spec race cars (spec e30, spec Miata) run only 2 seconds quicker lap time here. More videos coming soon!

Great driving!
Is the pedal placement good at threshold? I just bought mine and my H&T on the street is atrocious with my small feet.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #6
Great driving!
Is the pedal placement good at threshold? I just bought mine and my H&T on the street is atrocious with my small feet.
Thanks man! I find the pedal height/spacing on the FiST difficult to heal/toe on the street, especially with how touchy the brake pedal is. But at threshold it feels way better, I would say it’s similar to a Miata but definitely not as easy as a floor mounted throttle pedal setup you’d find in a German car.

cxwrench

I'd agree w/ Ben. On the street the stock set up isn't good. The harder you're on the brakes the better it gets but the main issue (for me) is the distance between the pedals. I now have a pedal spacer behind the throttle to bring it out some and then OMP covers on the throttle and brake to reduce the lateral distance between them. Definitely better on the street, haven't really use the brakes like I would on the track but I'm guessing it would be good w/ this set up.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #8
This is great, most likely it'll be awesome on the track!