Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be FiST owner from Georgia!

OP
theothersawyer
Thread Starter #21
I will keep an eye out! There were quite a few excellent cars posted here last year. The ZHP sold quick! Took everything in me not to buy it from you.
It sold too fast! Sold in two hours and I had 10 people lined up ready to buy it if the first deal fell through. I feel like I should have raised the price! haha

I'm trying not to be too picky on the FiST purchase, but that's getting difficult. Preferably I'm looking for 2016+ with Recaros. 1st color choice is Kona Blue, then either Magnetic or Molton Orange. Any other color is welcomed though.

Welcome back. As someone who just picked up a 2016 FiST in Kona Blue with Recaros, I can say that it is a good choice.

I had a 2016 1.0L SFE Fiesta in Oxford White before this that I bought new, but got a much shorter commute recently so the 1.0L fuel economy wasn't such a big deal. I wanted Kona Blue back in 2016, but was too late to order with the options I wanted and found the white one. When I decided to upgrade to the ST I knew it had to be Kona Blue, and I knew I wanted a sunroof and Recaros.

OP
theothersawyer
Thread Starter #25
Welcome back. As someone who just picked up a 2016 FiST in Kona Blue with Recaros, I can say that it is a good choice.

I had a 2016 1.0L SFE Fiesta in Oxford White before this that I bought new, but got a much shorter commute recently so the 1.0L fuel economy wasn't such a big deal. I wanted Kona Blue back in 2016, but was too late to order with the options I wanted and found the white one. When I decided to upgrade to the ST I knew it had to be Kona Blue, and I knew I wanted a sunroof and Recaros.
I looked into the 1.0L SFE, but decided against it. It would be way cheaper, but way less fun as well! Now to find a FiST!

The price of used FiSTs make them the bargain of the century! I would be on the lookout for something 2016+ to get the better Sync and reverse camera, then something stock. As nice as mods are, you will want to modify it to your liking and want to know that they were installed correctly. Other than that, I would check Carfax and give it a good look for things like headlight tabs and other evidence of repair work. For example, I have a 2014 that has only 35,000 miles, however, about 30,000 of that have been on the autocross course or track. (OK, not really, but close). It has had the front-end replaced twice from minor accidents (one my fault, one not) and the transmission replaced as a result of road debris. If I didn't know me and how meticulous I was about repairs, I'd walk away from my car! Why risk it, there are so many others to pick from.

OP
theothersawyer
Thread Starter #29
The price of used FiSTs make them the bargain of the century! I would be on the lookout for something 2016+ to get the better Sync and reverse camera, then something stock. As nice as mods are, you will want to modify it to your liking and want to know that they were installed correctly. Other than that, I would check Carfax and give it a good look for things like headlight tabs and other evidence of repair work. For example, I have a 2014 that has only 35,000 miles, however, about 30,000 of that have been on the autocross course or track. (OK, not really, but close). It has had the front-end replaced twice from minor accidents (one my fault, one not) and the transmission replaced as a result of road debris. If I didn't know me and how meticulous I was about repairs, I'd walk away from my car! Why risk it, there are so many others to pick from.
Great advice! I'm trying to find a nice one in pretty good shape. I'm just going to end up putting 500 miles/week on the car. It'll probably see the track once a year unless I end up getting hooked. But I have the Miata for tracks days, and I barely drive it on the street.

Hahah Finding one that ticks all the right boxes is the hard part!
I know the feeling. I lucked out and found a 0 mile 2019 on a dealership lot about two hours away from my house with the options and color I wanted. Wanted white, didn't want Recaro's, didn't want a sunroof. Pulled the trigger immediately. I wanted it to be a one owner car - I plan on keeping it for its entire life.

I also wanted to be the first one to fart in the seat (...hopefully)

Great advice! I'm trying to find a nice one in pretty good shape. I'm just going to end up putting 500 miles/week on the car. It'll probably see the track once a year unless I end up getting hooked. But I have the Miata for tracks days, and I barely drive it on the street.
As much as I love the Fiesta, I'd love to have a Miata track rat too.