Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

sos need help very confused

hello fellow fiesta owners. im not sure what’s going on here. 2015 fiesta st lost the ability to reverse intermittently and displays a message saying “transmission malfunction service now” and would go into limp mode immediately (loss of power, couldn’t accelerate past about 2500 rpms, very rough) thought it was the tcm but i took it to the dealership and they said it was not the transmission. now it doesn’t crank at all and says “immobilizer malfunction”
changed the key battery same thing
love my Ford Fiesta would really like to figure this out.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
What codes is it throwing?
im not too sure it was throwing some p codes but i accidentally cleared them (im a beginner when it comes to working on my own cars) also i got in a slight front end accident last year and had to rebuild some components in the front.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
It sounds more like an electrical/computer problem. Is the battery weak? Replace it and see if that straightens things up. If not, check for codes, but that can be confusing if something is wrong with the ECU or BCM or other processor. You'll get codes for things that aren't broken.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
It sounds more like an electrical/computer problem. Is the battery weak? Replace it and see if that straightens things up. If not, check for codes, but that can be confusing if something is wrong with the ECU or BCM or other processor. You'll get codes for things that aren't broken.
thank u bro imma switch out the battery for a new one and see what’s going on.

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
if it’s an automatic then it’s not a ST . ST’s only came with manual 6 speeds and ya you have one of those annoying semi automatics that Ford got sued over because they were finicky . Sell your car buy a ST and done.
damn the more u know

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Question: Were the "ST-Line" vehicles sold with automatic transmissions? My understanding of those is, it's a regular Fiesta drivetrain and suspension with some of the ST trim cosmetics.

Dialcaliper

Question: Were the "ST-Line" vehicles sold with automatic transmissions? My understanding of those is, it's a regular Fiesta drivetrain and suspension with some of the ST trim cosmetics.
Yes, the ST-Line did come in Auto. It was literally a 2019 only model offered instead of SEL/SES/Titanium trim levels that used up excess ST 5-door body and trim parts with some additional cosmetic touches.

It sounds like that’s what the OP is asking for help with.

I’d start if possible by visiting a different Ford dealer in the area and see if they come up with the same conclusion (not TCM) and/or if they have someone who has more experience to recognize the symptoms described

Last edited:

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
c4m3r0n1, have u checked the fluids. Oil and Transmission fluid to make sure they are FREE OF METAL SHAVINGS/METALIC Pieces??

My company car went into LIMP MODE thankfully I made it home then never started again. The timing chain wiped out the valves and ruined the engine.....That was a CHEVY Equinox. BUT it matched the exact circumstances you are describing. Automatic trans.

LIKE I SAID, IT WAS A COMPANY CAR!!! Don't blame me!
Anyway check the fluids for metal flakes/chunks and the oil and filter too.
I'm hoping you do NOT Have the SAME PROBLEM.....but my engine was JUNK and led me to my 2019 Fiesta ST that is MY CAR not a friggin chevrolet! TRUE STORY. Never bought a chevrolet and can now say....NEVER WILL!

Good Luck and find a Reputable shop. I had to flat bed that chevy to a shop who took off the valve cover and oil pan and showed me the pieces....

Let us KNOW what u find out. Lots of guys here with tons of knowledge and experience!!