Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spacers offset question

Hey all, my aftermarket rims have an offset of +40. This may be a stupid question but how does that impact using spacers? I'm new to this sort of thing.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The stock offset is 47.5, so your offset of +40 is already 7.5 mm farther out. Spacers would generally push the wheels out even further, which you don't necessarily want to do.
When I got my aftermarket wheels I was told by the vendor that you can change the offset by up to about 5 mm before you start noticeably changing the handling characteristics of the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, my aftermarket wheels are all 40 ET (except for the TD Pro Race 1.2s which are 42ET), and I wish that they were closer to the factory offset, or at least in the 44-46 ET range, despite all being 8" wide.

I don't even like the aesthetics of 'hella poke' (even before considering just how much they screw up the geometry/handling with the moon buggy look!) unless they are covered by huge box flares. [thumbdown]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, my aftermarket wheels are all 40 ET (except for the TD Pro Race 1.2s which are 42ET), and I wish that they were closer to the factory offset, or at least in the 44-46 ET range, despite all being 8" wide.

I don't even like the aesthetics of 'hella poke' (even before considering just how much they screw up the geometry/handling with the moon buggy look!) unless they are covered by huge box flares. [thumbdown]
lol 40ET is not hella poke🤣 and its absolutely comical you would use a southbay slang word ( ya I am from there (Palo Alto) so I can call you on it) to describe excessive poke. Excessive poke on our cars would be below 35 yes even members here have run +35 with 15’s and its not looked excessively poked. 😂 Including revered old school members.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You can 'call me on it' all you want, but it is a relative, and an individual preference/perception kind of thing. [:)]

I do not like the way the Dekagrams look on my car, 'poke-wise', at least not at the factory ride height (which I want to maintain), in the bronze color (maybe satin black will not stand out as much??), and with the 205/50s Neo Gens on them.

Maybe, If I could use a full 1" lowered car, and put some square shouldered, 200 TW gumball 215/45s on them like you can (due to your climate and uses), I might see it differently and change my mind. [wink] [thumb]

hawyee

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I'm running the 15x8" +35 TD pro race LT currently for autox/track with a 10mm spacer up front to clear the coilover, and -3.5° camber. About as pokey as you can get on the stock fender but I still think it looks pretty good. Front tires are 245-40-15 rt660s which are already more of a typical 255 width, handled great at a national autocross but the additional torque steer is definitely noticeable on the street.

1000005231.jpg

hawyee

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Fenders aren't rolled or pulled, the main problem area is the fender/bumper joint but only rubs there on huge dips. Lowered about an inch from stock, ground to fender measurement with these wheels is 23.5" ish