Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

speaker upgrade

Anyone who running aftermarket speakers as jl or something else with factory sony headunit without amp? I want to know except of sound quality is these loud as oem speakers or no ?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Ran kicker rs 6.5 inches without an amp for a year. Awesome sound but everyone's different when it comes to sound. It's a very warm sound and less sharp. I hooked up a cheapo boss amp and am now pushing head unit amperage as well as amp amperage. It's probably at about 250w and is perfect. I think our stock head unit pushes 150w. The wiring was a bitch but it's cuz I installed everything to the oem harness. I saudered all the connections and ran wires to the back of the car from the head unit. You do not have to do this if you don't run an amp. There's a post on here of someone cutting the existing mount that has the stock speaker in it. Get your speakers, physically cut out the stock speakers, jb weld or hot glue speakers into stock mounts, solder speaker to stock harness location and it's plug and play. I had door closure issues with this though and ended up cutting off the speaker channel in the inside door cover to allow the bigger depth speaker. After this doors close perfect.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk