Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D LED Re-pin....how it really goes down

Hi Guys, I am looking for a little advise. I am based in the UK so the pin wire colour and sequence in the connector block will more than likely be different. But I have acquired some LED Lightbar Rear Lights to fit my 2015 UK Fiesta ST, the issue is the previous owner has removed the connector so I am left with the bare coloured wires. Does anyone know how/where these would sit in the connector block. I know Ron has played around with Euro spec lights! Many thanks Jason. I am asking you guys as you are more responsive than the support forums in the UK.

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Hi Guys, I am looking for a little advise. I am based in the UK so the pin wire colour and sequence in the connector block will more than likely be different. But I have acquired some LED Lightbar Rear Lights to fit my 2015 UK Fiesta ST, the issue is the previous owner has removed the connector so I am left with the bare coloured wires. Does anyone know how/where these would sit in the connector block. I know Ron has played around with Euro spec lights! Many thanks Jason. I am asking you guys as you are more responsive than the support forums in the UK.
I can take a photo of the OEM wire harness for our USDM model and post a photo, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. There's no guarantee that the wire colors for any aftermarket will match up. Basically I believe that you'll have to trace-out your wires using a volt meter. You can use the rotating dash switch to figure out which wires are your running lights. You can use the hazard button to figure out which wires are your turn signal. You can lean a lifting weight up against the brake pedal to determine which wires are your brake. By process of elimination, the last wire will be your reverse light. But I would put it in reverse with the ignition on (engine off) and verify regardless. Some of the grounds will likely be shared. Ground wires are easily confirmed via diode-test and/or resistance testing modes on the circuit tester.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
LOAD RESISTOR PLACEMENT ?

I installed mine today and am pretty disappointed with the fit. Did anyone else have issues getting them to fit flush to the body near the bottom of the light assembly?
It's not perfect but it's not anything anyone taller than 3'5" would notice without bending over to inspect. The body lines on this car in general are pretty wide though.

Also, where did everyone end up sticking the load resistor? I couldn't find anywhere on the external body area under the light assembly to stick it and have the lights sit right. I ended up snaking the wires under the grommet and sticking it to the inside body metal near where the interior connector was anchored.
There's room directly behind the assembly, on the top-left (driver) and top-right (passenger) quarter.

Photo is here...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ABsZJDCN8kMMgaxF

That Spec-D grommet by the way a relatively loose fit. Having a tight seal like the OEM is important for keeping water/rust at bay. I used a heavy grease around the orifice, for now.

Last edited: