Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec D tail lights install issues

image.jpg image.jpg Hello everyone. I just got my Spec D tail lights in the mail, and this is what the connectors look like. The pins are glued in place and the plastic piece is not at all what I expected it to look like nor does it fit. Did anyone else run into this issue or have any suggestions as to how i can make this work? I'm thinking about getting the glue off somehow and repinning them to the stock connectors.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 42974 View attachment 42975 Hello everyone. I just got my Spec D tail lights in the mail, and this is what the connectors look like. The pins are glued in place and the plastic piece is not at all what I expected it to look like nor does it fit. Did anyone else run into this issue or have any suggestions as to how i can make this work? I'm thinking about getting the glue off somehow and repinning them to the stock connectors.
Who did you get them from?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Also, I just realized the pins at flat, unlike the U shaped pins it is supposed to come with :/ is there any way I can salvage this?
You should be able to buy replacement tail light plugs/sockets from an auto parts source. That way you can just repin the new plug correctly after cutting off the one currently on there. Let me know if you need help finding the plug and I'll try and find the part builder number.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
You should be able to buy replacement tail light plugs/sockets from an auto parts source. That way you can just repin the new plug correctly after cutting off the one currently on there. Let me know if you need help finding the plug and I'll try and find the part builder number.

I had trouble finding them online but I have to stop at Autozone today for my bike anyway, so I’ll bring a picture and a part number with me and see if they have it. I’m still worried though, because the pins are also a different shape from the others, but hopefully that won’t matter.

I had trouble finding them online but I have to stop at Autozone today for my bike anyway, so I’ll bring a picture and a part number with me and see if they have it. I’m still worried though, because the pins are also a different shape from the others, but hopefully that won’t matter.
If you get the plug that mates to the connector on the taillight and the plug that connects to the car harness, all you have to do it wire the two together and you essentially have an adapter instead. That was you don't have to worry about crimping connectors or anything. Otherwise, I believe the connectors come with the pins already in place and all you have to do it cut the core from the wrong connector and splice to the new one.

Lmk if that doesn't make sense and I'll try to explain better.

cut off your OEM tail light connectors , match the colors and solder the wires to your new tail lights. Plus in and have fun
one color won't match exactly but you'll figure it out ;)
That's another solution, just figured op would want to retain the stockers in case he wants to sell/ return to stock in the future.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Cut the harness on the light.
Get the other end of the harness from the junkyard.
I was kind of miffed when I went to replace the radio in my prior vehicle only to find that the idgit cut out the stock car harness to match the radio, rather than the other way around.