Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spice under the Knife. ( Now S280 powered!)Dpro’s 2018 Orange Spice STGOKRT official Build! Part two the rebuild coming!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
RF door isn't actually on BO. Its obsolete. Can't get it from Ford anymore. But you can get all the other doors for some odd reason

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #164
RF door isn't actually on BO. Its obsolete. Can't get it from Ford anymore. But you can get all the other doors for some odd reason
Wait.. what? That makes no sense at all as i thought under federal law automakers are required to stock parts for a car for ten years after production. I have heard conflicting reports from different dealers on particular item so while surprised at your comment I am not surprised that no one at Ford can give a straight answer . Ford dealers online have it as in stock, some have it on back order others have it as discontinued now you are saying obsolete which is the most bizarre of explanations yet, If indeed it is its kind of mind blowing but I guess the story’s about a law are myth. lol

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That was quick work Dave. Juan knows his stuff. He'd be the first guy I'd take my car to for any body/accident damage.

Dialcaliper

You’re probably looking up one of the older part numbers. There are two obsoleted numbers and one current one that replaces it (D2BZ-5420124-B)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Wait.. what? That makes no sense at all as under federal law automakers are required to stock parts for a car for ten years after production. I have heard conflicting reports from different dealers on particular item so while surprised at your comment I am not surprised that no one at Ford can give a straight answer . Ford dealers online have it as in stock, some have it on back order others have it as discontinued now you are saying obsolete which is the most bizarre of explanations yet, If indeed it was someone could sue the hell out of Ford for not following federal car making rules. lol
You can still get the skin, just not the shell(which comes with the skin too). Discontinued is the same as obsolete btw. Some dealers might actually have some in stock because they had a car in their BS at one point but didn't use it and didn't return it, so its in their inventory. But on my Ford system here, which should be the same as every other Ford dealer, shows obsolete.

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
You’re probably looking up one of the older part numbers. There are two obsoleted numbers and one current one that replaces it (D2BZ-5420124-B)
Yeah thats the old number, I click on that part# in my catalog and it shows obsolete. Then look it up for availability and it shows no replacing part#s.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #169
You can still get the skin, just not the shell(which comes with the skin too). Discontinued is the same as obsolete btw. Some dealers might actually have some in stock because they had a car in their BS at one point but didn't use it and didn't return it, so its in their inventory. But on my Ford system here, which should be the same as every other Ford dealer, shows obsolete.
strange and I thought completely in violation of federal law. Makes me very suspect. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
strange and completely in violation of federal law. Makes me very suspect.
I don't think it's an actual law. I've called to price stuff for some GM cars that weren't 10 years old and some odd ball stuff were obsolete.

Random more FiST facts, the ST spoiler is also obsolete. I randomly looked that up a year or so ago. Also, just a few years after the fiesta ended in the US you couldn't get replacement Recaro seat covers anymore.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #171
I don't think it's an actual law. I've called to price stuff for some GM cars that weren't 10 years old and some odd ball stuff were obsolete.

Random more FiST facts, the ST spoiler is also obsolete. I randomly looked that up a year or so ago. Also, just a few years after the fiesta ended in the US you couldn't get replacement Recaro seat covers anymore.
No it was never an Actual law it was just something that was a kind of a practice.

Annyways…..Guess who’s back…. Ok not sure why two images posted four times but ya not gonna worry she looks great and still drives great!
She will definitely hold me over till I get my GRC then she will go to back up duty and weekend fun. Ya not gonna get rid of her but definitely would not mind a new daily.
Oh and ya 19 Magnetic is up for sale!
IMG_9287.jpeg IMG_9286.jpeg IMG_9287.jpeg IMG_9286.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #173
I see. I was just confused because you said earlier it was in violation of federal law
Initially I thought it was but after some question I looked it up and discovered it was one of those popular myths based off a different but similar fact. Which is what lead to it being assumed by lots of people including myself. I realized I was wrong.🤣

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
Oh Oh what do we have here a little update with SuperPro controls arms ( sorry guys no pics of them yet, did not stop to take them will come after alignment is done) and Wilwood 6 piston Calipers with biggere drilled and slotted Rotors . Why you ask , 1. They clear 16 inch Dekagrams without Spacers! 2. I got them in a package deal and decided why not try them out.
So out with the Whoosh which required 3mm spacers at least and in with these!

IMG_1022.jpeg IMG_1021.jpeg On and Continental Contact Extreme Sport 02 tires 205/45 for the winter as they rate real high in wet road situations. They are basically an upgrade DW 06 All season to the point they even still have DW stamped into the tread!

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Oh Oh what do we have here a little update with SuperPro controls arms ( sorry guys no pics of them yet, did not stop to take them will come after alignment is done) and Wilwood 6 piston Calipers with biggere drilled and slotted Rotors . Why you ask , 1. They clear 16 inch Dekagrams without Spacers! 2. I got them in a package deal and decided why not try them out.
So out with the Whoosh which required 3mm spacers at least and in with these!

View attachment 60188 View attachment 60189 On and Continental Contact Extreme Sport 02 tires 205/45 for the winter as they rate real high in wet road situations. They are basically an upgrade DW 06 All season to the point they even still have DW stamped into the tread!
Did you do the rears also? Curious your impressions versus whoosh. My whoosh kit is getting its first track day in April and I’ll decide then if I stick with them or go a different route.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
Did you do the rears also? Curious your impressions versus whoosh. My whoosh kit is getting its first track day in April and I’ll decide then if I stick with them or go a different route.
I did not do the rears. I have not really fully bedded the brakes in yet . I Basically got them in and we did a partial bedding and then I had things to do. So i have not really taken it out and driven it hard initial impressions is they do not seem out of balance to my rears which are EBC USR rotors with Yellows.

I did not notice these grab fast a little more pedal travel but a fast bite that can pull you down from any kind of speed very quickly. We were talking about the actual Caliper design and the basic Caliper design of the Whoosh is better than the Wilwood . Though the Wilwood has more surface area with 6 piston design and larger rotor. The surface area of the Whoosh is identical to stock but with a bigger than stock rotor. Oh and my Wilwoods are even lighter than the Whoosh.

Whether one pays full price for the Whoosh or Wilwood also comes into play here as I got hooked up from a friend on the Whoosh originally and like I said earlier the Wilwoods came in a package of parts with a car I purchased. It was a no brainer to try them out.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I did not do the rears. I have not really fully bedded the brakes in yet . I Basically got them in and we did a partial bedding and then I had things to do. So i have not really taken it out and driven it hard initial impressions is they do not seem out of balance to my rears which are EBC USR rotors with Yellows.

I did not notice these grab fast a little more pedal travel but a fast bite that can pull you down from any kind of speed very quickly. We were talking about the actual Caliper design and the basic Caliper design of the Whoosh is better than the Wilwood . Though the Wilwood has more surface area with 6 piston design and larger rotor. The surface area of the Whoosh is identical to stock but with a bigger than stock rotor. Oh and my Wilwoods are even lighter than the Whoosh.

Whether one pays full price for the Whoosh or Wilwood also comes into play here as I got hooked up from a friend on the Whoosh originally and like I said earlier the Wilwoods came in a package of parts with a car I purchased. It was a no brainer to try them out.
Good to know amigo, thanks

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #178
took a couple of quick photos of just how much clearance the Wilwoods have today during my wheel alignment 3.8 positive caster, 2.3 negative camber close to if not 0 toe and the front end turns in like a champion! The second phot is better at showing off the barrel clearance on the rim there’s over an inch it makes me wonder if these would fit under 15’s . Oh and spoke clearance with the Dekagrams is close to an inch ( close up kinda distorts that second pic is better) IMG_1063.jpeg IMG_1062.jpeg