Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spice under the Knife. ( Now S280 powered!)Dpro’s 2018 Orange Spice STGOKRT official Build! Part two the rebuild coming!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was privy to a ride in Dpro's beast when we dropped it off at FSWerks! That thing is FAST! I would not recommend anyone to race for pink slips against him!

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #122
You went with Wavetrack right? I’d love to drive cars with different diffs back to back. I like the MFactory but its moment of hesitation before it locks is a bit annoying and now that I have TVC disabled I have to use my left foot or come off throttle a bit when exiting hard. Seems much more appropriate for street/mountain than track. I might swap to something else down the road but the last thing I want is more maintenance. Can’t have it all though lol.
Ya too bad we don’t live close to each other. It would be quite interesting to see the difference between the two. Ya I did not experience any hesitation before locking . It’s just smooth like butter In fact it made corner entry really positive in the sense that I just went through not thinking as much about the speed lol. I will qualify that this was a breakin run and I was not going anywhere near my limits driving wise. I was going quickly but it was more exploratory to get the feel . Thing is I do have to break the clutch so I have a feeling the crest is going to see a lot of me this week.
One of the benefits of working for oneself.

Last edited:

Mikey456

Congratulations on getting it done. I’m sure the car hooks up better coming out of the tighten bends instead of spinning that inside wheel.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #124
Congratulations on getting it done. I’m sure the car hooks up better coming out of the tighten bends instead of spinning that inside wheel.
It makes the car a lot more neutral not that ever felt the car understeered. Having experience in the past with cars that massively understeered by nature especially at low speed. I have never felt this car understeered a lot though there are certain area’s on the crest were our cars with open diff will experience push aka understeer , Danny was riding shotgun and commented on the fact that in one of those areas it was not exhibiting understeer or push. I did notice as well in the driving perspective of it just going through with ease. He knows the crest better than I do. As you know from our drives.
I will say it has upped the fun factor considerably in the sense that it has turned it from a fun toy into a serious tool to use his words. In that sense it is more fun because of the level of capability has been raised a bar.
Now I am itching to hop in it and hit the Mountain again. I have a feeling there are some track days in its future as well.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Ya too bad we don’t live close to each other. It would be quite interesting to see the difference between the two. Ya I did experience any hesitation before locking . It’s just smooth like butter In fact it made corner entry really positive in the sense that I just went through not thinking as much about the speed lol. I will qualify that this was a breakin run and I was not going anywhere near my limits driving wise. I was going quickly but it was more exploratory to get the feel . Thing is I do have to break the clutch so I have a feeling the crest is going to see a lot of me this week.
One of the benefits of working for oneself.
I can’t remember if you track or not but if you do, please let me know if you experience RPM increase when you lift a front wheel into the air after hitting curbs in sharp turns. That is the only reason I’m considering switching. I’ve never had any issues with mine other than when one side of the car is airborne while jumping curbs. I’m gonna change my final drive soon so I might swap it while I have the car apart. Thanks man.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #133
You didn’t have to mess with studs for just 3mm right?
correct. With 3mm spacers one can still use the stock studs. I personally do not like using spacers on our cars at all. I could have probably got 5mm spacers easier but sought out 3mm for the sake of keeping offset change to a minimum for the sake of turn in.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
correct. With 3mm spacers one can still use the stock studs. I personally do not like using spacers on our cars at all. I could have probably got 5mm spacers easier but sought out 3mm for the sake of keeping offset change to a minimum for the sake of turn in.
Sweet. Where’d you find the 3mm? My whoosh brakes are arriving today and I’ve got some Dekas they’re going under once they get back from powder coating

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oh wait I forgot New Shoes time! RT660’s 215/45 16 all I gotta say is it’s great to have RT660’s back on the car granted these are the 16’s not the 17‘s which means even lighter! View attachment 49607 View attachment 49608 View attachment 49609

I wish that actual, measured size tire was available in a four season donut for those of us who have to deal with temps below 50* F, on their 'daily driver' Deka setups! [wink] [:(]

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #136
Sweet. Where’d you find the 3mm? My whoosh brakes are arriving today and I’ve got some Dekas they’re going under once they get back from powder coating
A company called buyselladapters on fleabay. :LOL: Made in the U.S. were not exactly cheap but good adapters usually are not.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #139
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #140
Give Raffi a call at FSWerks. I got my 15mm for under $120 for a set of 4. May have gone up in price since 2016. I had the longer studs put in as well and no problems ever!
Ya Raffii does not have 3mm . 3mm is a pretty custom size most people do not make or stock 3mm . Most start at 5mm . In fact you can get 5mm spacers from just about anyone all day long for cars.
Most of us want 3mm because unless you have close to stock offset wheels a 10 or 15mm spacer is going to put us down in the 25-32 mm offset range which is really not good for turn in and or wheel well clearance.
He has Dekagrams like I do I believe and they come with a 40 offset already. A 5mm offset would drop the offset to 35 which is lowest one can go without possibly affecting turn in. Even at that offset most likely turn in will be affected.
Most people really love the turn in on our cars stock and when they start getting away from it are not happy.
This is why I went with the lowest possible size spacer for my Caliper clearance I could find. I dropped my offset to 37 from the stock 47. I really would hesitate to go lower. The only other way to go lower would be if one was doing flared fenders and going with 9 inch wheels which is trading off turn in for higher ultimate grip.
It’s all a balancing act and what one is going for and or likes . I will take turn in on a street/ canyon car vs an all out track car where higher ultimate grip might be more advantageous again it’s really up to the driver.