Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spice under the Knife. ( Now S280 powered!)Dpro’s 2018 Orange Spice STGOKRT official Build! Part two the rebuild coming!

ronmcdon

yea would be good to know how that brake setup works for you. any track driving in mind?

have been thinking about the same pads and the more aggressive but streetable orange stuff or orange front, yellow rear.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
yea would be good to know how that brake setup works for you. any track driving in mind?

have been thinking about the same pads and the more aggressive but streetable orange stuff or orange front, yellow rear.
Ya Ron at Whoosh was telling me a lot of people do the setup you are talking about. I was recommended this by my friend who drives the crest constantly. It’s what he runs on his car and he is running my Turbo’s older brother the Revo(Turbo Technics) S242.

I would like to go to the track I am just being cautious right now with this whole covid thing. Hopefully in the spring.

ronmcdon

Haha yes just got off the phone with Ron and we talked about that! Totally understood with covid. have been on the fence about that myself.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That Mountune downpipe is SWEET!! [twothumb]

You should like the VibraTechnics RMM (I really appreciate mine now that the weather is turning colder here, as the CP-E I had got way too 'buzzy' in the cold).

Are you eventually going to do the other two mounts with the VibraTechnics Fast Road versions as well?

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
That Mountune downpipe is SWEET!! [twothumb]

You should like the VibraTechnics RMM (I really appreciate mine now that the weather is turning colder here, as the CP-E I had got way too 'buzzy' in the cold).

Are you eventually going to do the other two mounts with the VibraTechnics Fast Road versions as well?
I might, I have the Powerflex passenger right now. I also have the trans side but have not put it in yet. My friend got the fast road passenger . It had a bit of vibration.I will have to ask him if it broke in and mellowed out.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
So while I do not have pics of actual Turbo and down pipe install I do have some pics of my fun adjust wastegate actuator on the car. :ROFLMAO: I figured I would post these in part because no one ever talks about it and it can happen.
So long story short getting new tune from Adam at Tune+ had an Antspec Tune previous done on their dyno. They had adjusted my wastegate actuator and on Adams base map I was only seeing 13lbs max . Adam stated I need to adjust the Preload so I saw at least 14lbs. for his Base map.
So here are a few pics , Basically its not hard to do its pretty straight forward . Remove windshield wipers remove headlight, remove upper and lower cowl. Take off your crossover pipe and remover upper heat shield on exhaust manifold and boom there is your wastegate. 7C339D56-FD85-4D10-BFAB-12EE2084DC97.jpeg
6773BC85-E42D-41F7-B937-786C36ADADF8.jpeg
of course all the fun stuff removed minus the more mundane aka cowls wipers and headlights. Which leads us to the fun part 423FD3D8-FEB0-434F-82BB-7C14FE0948FB.jpeg

notice I marked a location for turn sets on the preload and also attached a rubber to keep the wastegate door from falling down towards my downpipe. We then used compressed air on the wastegate nipple to push the rod back out after I did my adjust which in my case was 2 1/2 turns Adam recommends 3 and a half out of the box. I am guessing Ant Spec had it at 1 and 1/2. Interestingly enough Ant Spec had me tuned at up to 25 psi max. I will not go further into the details between the different approach the two tuners take other than to say Adam has a lot more experience tuning S280’s.

Ant Spec does do FiSTS with Hybrids I was the first S280 they had done. The power was good. Thats all I will say. Though they do seem to do more Subies than Fords at least from what I saw.

After adjusting the rod we then tightened the nut and clipped the rubber band. Put everything back together and now my Pre load is properly set to start doing datalogs for Tune+’s S280 unlimited package . I will be getting tunes for 91 , 93 which can be achieved here with pump gas and 2 gallons of race gas and E30.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Can you fit the manifold heat shield on the S280?
if we are talking about the upper yes. There is one bolt on the towards the front that is nearly impossible to put in but the rest go on fine. Below you will see a pic of the Wastegate Actuator rod just clearing the heat shield. Now getting the lower heatshield to fit on the Mountune Sportcat HHMMM lol. D1B43F5D-CF62-4A2D-B970-20334413CAA8.jpeg

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Oh perfect!! Gotta keep heat management in mind when running an upgraded turbo - but you're smart enough to know that.

I wanna see some V-dyno logs!

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
Its triple forged Tube aluminum, I have been following these Braces for the last couple of years and was going to order one from the UK because that was the only way you could get them Until..... Ron stepped in and took on the Swave Summit line.

Its triple forged Tube aluminum, I have been following these Braces for the last couple of years and was going to order one from the UK because that was the only way you could get them Until..... Ron stepped in and took on the Swave Summit line.
Yeah I know what it is made of, but Ron won't answer what the wall thickness is...just wondered if there was anything the documentation you got (if there was any).

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
I would not be too worried if I were you. I am pretty picky about my parts. Plus they have been selling these in the UK for years. No one has said anything bad about them., I like the fact that its light, strong and has a low profile.

ronmcdon

they are nice and wish they weren't so pricey. I imagine it's over 2k with all the bracing. still will most likely splurge for the 6pt tunnel brace not listed on Ron's site just yet, the UK2B brace I think it is.