Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SportRack Complete Roof Rack System

I've been looking into roof racks for my FiST for a long time, and the prices on Thule, ROLA, and Rhino Rack are ridiculous. I've found the sport rack for a great price and was wondering if anyone has purchased this for themselves or has any regards to not purchasing them. I've found mostly positive reviews on amazon, but other owners who have sported these would be a much more convincing review. I primarily want to use them to haul a kayak or two, both being smaller with the combined weight under 120lbs. I would really appreciate an honest review on them!

Here's my Thule setup that I've used on 2 Fiestas... Thule probably does cost more but they have some nice kayak carriers that slot into the channel on the wing cross bar that cleans up the installation. I've got the Malone paddle carrier also.
My Thule's are 7 years old and starting to show some wear n tear...
With the Thule setup you space the cross bars (Aero Wings) 24 inches apart due to the slope of the roof so I liked this type of carrier compared to the Hull A Port Pro in cross winds or passing semi.
Good Luck.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a Yakima Rocket Box, Towers and cross bars for My FiST and my BAEs CX-3. They Work awesome BTW.

I've been looking into roof racks for my FiST for a long time, and the prices on Thule, ROLA, and Rhino Rack are ridiculous. I've found the sport rack for a great price and was wondering if anyone has purchased this for themselves or has any regards to not purchasing them. I've found mostly positive reviews on amazon, but other owners who have sported these would be a much more convincing review. I primarily want to use them to haul a kayak or two, both being smaller with the combined weight under 120lbs. I would really appreciate an honest review on them!
I got the set and the fitment is terrible.... Sigh. Go with a more reputable company for full rack... Spent 3 hrs trying to make the legs fit securely and they still don't... Super sketch, not sure I'm gunna leave it up there..... The angles are hard to work with, it's not very forgiving, over torquing the bolts cause the lower feet to slide out... So yup, motto buy once, cry once... Wish I followed that adage..

Attachments

I got the set and the fitment is terrible.... Sigh. Go with a more reputable company for full rack... Spent 3 hrs trying to make the legs fit securely and they still don't... Super sketch, not sure I'm gunna leave it up there..... The angles are hard to work with, it's not very forgiving, over torquing the bolts cause the lower feet to slide out... So yup, motto buy once, cry once... Wish I followed that adage..
Okie folks few days later and several hours later, I found the way to get the rack to fit securely. You need to add shims to wedge the feet at an angle that will permit the legs to stay hooked on, the factory setup doesn't give the feet the proper angle to claw onto the top of the door jamb. If anyone has this rack and needs advice DM me. If anyone thinking about this rack maybe look elsewhere, instructions are for. 2013 and earlier model. Your SOL, took me way too much time making this work as I couldn't return it.... Have a good one!

Here's my Thule setup that I've used on 2 Fiestas... Thule probably does cost more but they have some nice kayak carriers that slot into the channel on the wing cross bar that cleans up the installation. I've got the Malone paddle carrier also.
My Thule's are 7 years old and starting to show some wear n tear...
With the Thule setup you space the cross bars (Aero Wings) 24 inches apart due to the slope of the roof so I liked this type of carrier compared to the Hull A Port Pro in cross winds or passing semi.
Good Luck.
That rack will only fit a 4 door fiesta. I've got a Thule specifically for the ST 3 door and it comes with an extra bar that connects the rear crossbar to the front crossbar...one on each side of the car.
I have since removed it as I just dont like the way it attaches to the door shut. Why they never kept the rails fitted in the roof, defies me. I've since use a hatch mounted bike rack.....easier to fit and remove my MTB.

Gaz.