Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Build Number Plaques (and how to get one)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, just wanted to share this bit of info I found over in the RS community. There is an owner in Europe that has connections to the Ford plant and can obtain build numbers for RS/ST vehicles. I just ordered mine and should have it soon. One plaque will cost 30 pounds, 2 will cost 50 pounds. You can inquire about one in email to boerni@yahoo.com. I will post pictures once mine arrives.

I love it! I contacted him about ordering one.

I wish ford performance would get on the ball and get the Certificates of Authenticity out for the FiST.

Is there anyway to confirm the accuracy of the build number and the security of the payment?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
He's had a ton of customer orders and a few have verified through various means. Also payment is done with PayPal so you are protected that way as a buyer.

I like the idea....I'm trying to figure out where I would put it if I was to order one. Other than above the shift boot, is there anywhere else that would look good?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I'm going to go with the shift boot location, other than that I'm not sure.

Depends on the size of the plaque. The area under the passenger air bag light Center dash might be another option.

Interesting. I'm assuming the color of the plaque is intended to match exterior of the vehicle?

Interesting. I'm assuming the color of the plaque is intended to match exterior of the vehicle?
I found on another forum where he talks about you can specify certain things like background color of the numbers but not the ST/RS logo.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I specified that I wanted the black background, you can get whatever color you want, he asks which one you want when you place the order.

Just got confirmation that mine is #4723.

How long does he take to get back to you? I emailed him yesterday morning and haven't heard back yet.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
It took about a day after I sent payment, I just sent another email confirming he received payment and then I asked if he knew the build number.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I specified that I wanted the black background, you can get whatever color you want, he asks which one you want when you place the order.

Are the North American/USDM cars on a different build number listing from the Euro/Brit/rest of the world cars, or does he somehow determine the TOTAL build numbering, and ORDER, for ALL of the FiSTs on the whole planet? [dunno]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I honestly have no idea. I did ask him if that is my build number for 2016 models or TOTAL numbers so we'll see what he says. I imagine when he pulls up the information from the Ford system that it shows the build number. He did specify the US FiST part so maybe that is in the United States?

He finally replied back to me and I ordered one. I asked if the layout could include the total number of 2015 ST in North America so it would look something like this

No. 0000/0000

He said that the next delivery is the end of January and data and order collection will be till the 9th. I am guessing he is doing these in batches.

jeff

2000 Post Club

Thanks for discovering this. The FiST is a niche car and I like the idea of having a build number plaque. I just ordered mine as well. Rather than the ####/#### scheme I went with just a plain ####, I think it looks simpler for my taste.

I'll report back once delivered/installed.

This could be a huge scam but he's got too much business and credibility for that to be likely. $38 for something as unique as this is a steal.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
He just confirmed with me that mine is #4723 in the United States. So it seems like there's very low numbers of FiSTs running around.

And yeah I agree, had he been scamming people someone from the RS community would've found out long ago.