Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Build Number Plaques (and how to get one)

I'm still wondering what people are doing with it. The picture on the 1st thread is not from a Fiesta ST. That same spot on our fiesta's is curved, so applying a flat badge to it may not looks great...
It really depends on the dimensions of the plaque. It is made from aluminum, so it can be bent slightly to conform better to a slightly curved area. Any textured areas I would stay away from as the adhesive might not stick well. These are the locations that are the flattest and smoothest areas that I will be looking at once mine comes in.

Fiesta_ST.jpg

i never realized there was a circular ignition cut out in the car

makes sense but I've just never look at my car from that angle before.

I also like the place by the screen, but under the airbag lamp (really dumb light imo) would probably look the best.

Same here, until I'd seen that pic.

I guess all of the non-ST Fiestas are regular key ignitions? (Never looked into/driven one.)
Yep, one of those reminders that we drive a subcompact economy car. Too cheap to have a part number for column cover without that bulge. There is an RFID reader behind it on our cars, so if the battery in the keyfob dies you can start the car by holding the fob there (for the passive RFID to be read). They could have put that anywhere though, like in the otherwise useless bin in front of the shifter.

I knoticed it the first time i took it out for a test drive. Economy car or not, to have an insignificant piece like this custom for only the ST does not make sense. It is a money saving technique practiced by all car manufacturers for many different cars that are considered one off. If you start customizing all parts that are standard to stock fiestas you are left with a $36k car that nobody would drive. Seems like the right call as most of you have stated, you never noticed it until now.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Ladies and Gentlemen, my plaque arrived today. Be on the look for an innocuous looking envelope - I thought it was junk mail so I'm glad I even opened it....plaque is very nice quality, I'm impressed. I asked for ST No. XXXX which was different from some others....looks really great IMHO.

Here's a mock-up, not sure where I'll end up putting mine, I'll post a picture once it's installed with my soon-to-come custom shift boot!!!

For now:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That IS sweet [thumb], I just wish I knew for sure that he was accurate on the actual build number, and HOW he is calculating that (WHOLE world production included, just North America, whatever).

I mean it's not like it is no 1, if he's a little off does it really matter?

You'll never know anyways

I honestly have no idea. I did ask him if that is my build number for 2016 models or TOTAL numbers so we'll see what he says. I imagine when he pulls up the information from the Ford system that it shows the build number. He did specify the US FiST part so maybe that is in the United States?
I'm thinking the number we're getting is from the Cuautitlan, Mexico manufacturing plant for cars headed specifically to the USDM. My build number is USA 0534 with his letter-stated build date of Oct 3, 2013. The actual VIN build date located on VIN decal on driver's door jamb is Oct 2013 and I bought the car in Jan 2014 essentially right off the delivery truck. These number relationships make sense for USDM cars, hence his rather to include the "USA" on the plaques.

Has anyone else received theirs this week?
Nope. Hoping that it will be soon. Jeff had his arrive on the 30th and he is in Georgia. I'm in Texas, so I am hoping either today or tomorrow for it to show up.

Nope. Hoping that it will be soon. Jeff had his arrive on the 30th and he is in Georgia. I'm in Texas, so I am hoping either today or tomorrow for it to show up.
I'm in California so I am hoping it arrives this week as well. Now to just figure out where to place it st. Though I like the above the shifter idea

Bluedrank

This is really cool. Part of me though wonders if this guy is just a tremendous scammer and is just making up the numbers.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Ended up applying mine like below after some test fitting. Love the look.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Several folks on this forum have been waiting for a couple of years on production numbers and certificates. There's a thread somewhere about that. Nothing has come of it yet, so I'm just not sure where this fella's getting his numbers from ?

Bluedrank

Well depending on the year, 3797 could give us a good idea on where the production numbers are at. If that's a 16 then there's less of these cars in the US than I thought.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looking good. What was the build date for you car? Just curious as to how many of our cars have been built.
The info that came with my plaque said it left the factory on 2/26/15. This makes sense because

a) Mine is a 2015 but got to the lot late (I know this because of the info I got from the 1st owner when I bought it)
b) IIRC there are about 4000 STs made per year so that makes total sense if mine is toward the end of production since it was one of the last 2015 cars to get on a Ford lot

Well depending on the year, 3797 could give us a good idea on where the production numbers are at. If that's a 16 then there's less of these cars in the US than I thought.
I thought I read somewhere that about 4000 were made per year in USA but I could be wrong.

Several folks on this forum have been waiting for a couple of years on production numbers and certificates. There's a thread somewhere about that. Nothing has come of it yet, so I'm just not sure where this fella's getting his numbers from ?
Many have questioned this. I could be wrong but I have a hunch that this is legit. Really it's all who you know, Ford is a huge beast and I can see how things would get lost in the laundry list for them....for one guy who has an inside source, it is probably as simple as submitting the VIN. The fact that he's big in the RS community tells me that someone somewhere in the past has done their homework and that things are above board. Could be wrong.

Either way he seems like a fine fellow, professional, and quick to communicate/produce/ship.