Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Challenge @ Streets of Willow Nov 15

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #22
[MENTION=2080]redsilvy[/MENTION]
I've done both methods. But I'll be driving the fiesta to any events. It can hold a pretty good load worth of stuff for the day and I never intend to abuse the car or overdrive my limits. The goal is to come home rather than shave half a second off a best lap for me :p

Thats what I figured most people did. I'd love to go to one thats not too far which I think Buttonwillow isnt bad at all.

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #24
I'm still thinking about going to this. Need to press the buy now button for some DTC-60 pads.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Im semi debating this. I kind of want to go since its my birthday weekend and my new bt will be ready. I just dont like the idea of a timed event.

Competition does not make for fun lol

Pete

I am already signed up (week after my birthday). You don't have to push your self if you do not want as there are still different driving classes from beginner to advanced. Every car gets a timer regardless so you can see your lap times. It is up to you how serious you want to be. No one is forcing you to go 100%.

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #28
This "ST Challenge" is more like "ST cars go to the same track day at the same time"

If it makes you feel better, you don't have to have a transponder on your car. Like Pete said, there's room for everyone.

There will probably be some sort of trophies for the fastest times, XS does the same thing with their Miata and Honda challenges. I actually talked to them ages ago (over a year ago IIRC) about setting this challenge up, I guess they finally did it.

I usually go to Speed District's trackdays, and like them for a generally relaxed attitude and low traffic, but I might go to this event if I can get some better brakes on the ST in time.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
This "ST Challenge" is more like "ST cars go to the same track day at the same time"

If it makes you feel better, you don't have to have a transponder on your car. Like Pete said, there's room for everyone.
Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out. With my big turbo going on next week and no real time to tune it's just not a good idea. I'll go when they go to big willow or the Horse Thief mile

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #31
Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out. With my big turbo going on next week and no real time to tune it's just not a good idea. I'll go when they go to big willow or the Horse Thief mile
big turbo? [rockon]

Good idea. Good luck with the install and tune!

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #32
Alright. I decided to go. All signed up. So far there are 5 of us with more planning to sign up

I know this is an older thread, but I just stumbled on it. I just want to say that I've only had good experiences with Extreme Speed. I recognize that anyone can have a bad experience with any group, but want to say that wholesale bashing Exreme Speed isn't warranted in my opinion.

They have run groups that are reasonably sorted. I like to run in RED with open passing, and find the drivers to be very good. The last event only had four cars in that group -- perfect for sorting out my car.

I have LOTS of prepaid events and plan to run with them for the foreseeable future. One of the principals, Joel Perez, is very keen on getting more STs out. I talk to him every time I run and think he's a good guy.

I say it's time to give them another chance. I plan to do quite a few more events there and will post when I go. Maybe we can get a few out to see that most experiences can be good, clean fun! :)