Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2020

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Can't say I disagree. I think the cars went for $8400 from Ford Racing. If they listed for $11K...maybe but at $13990 they are trying to mark up $5500!!!
And they don't state anything in the listing about it being a former STOA car. I'm tempted to offer $9k just for fun - to see what they say in response. What kind of BS they'll give.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Ya I thought Ford’s idea was to sell the cars to enthusiasts that wanted to use the cars.
Yes, but do they REALLY care?

FYI: I messaged the dealer and waiting for a reply to my last comment, then I'll post here.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
This is interesting. Anybody here from CT?
I messaged the dealer.

Cliffs Notes: he bought it from a CT dealer close to some race school and paid $1,400 to have it towed down to VA.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is interesting. Anybody here from CT?
I messaged the dealer.

Cliffs Notes: he bought it from a CT dealer close to some race school and paid $1,400 to have it towed down to VA.

typical used car dealer BS. I do not know the exact history so I will wing it shit. Lies to cover lies . That’s the worst in my opinion. I get people want to make a profit but if you can’t accurately tell the truth just don’t say shit, rather than trying to spin half truths that you will possibly get caught on. Then lie to cover it because you don’t have the balls to man up and say ya I BS’d I don’t really know all the details.
He could have easily said it came from a Ford Racing school and thats all I know. Then it would have been upon the person interested to track down the paper trail.
This shit happened with my M3 which happens to be a collectors item. The guy I bought it from picked it up from a wholesale auction. Long story short the Second owner off the cars brother drove it for a year so . It came back needing some normal but expensive BMW work lol. He decided to donate the car to a Children’s Hospital in San Diego who had it wholesaled at Auto Auction. The guy spun this crazy ass story about buying it from someone who he did not buy it from. The paperwork was incomplete and I had to go back to the auto auction in Imperial City and have them sign a few things.
The guy recognized the car and yes they had no clue’s about the car beyond the fact they saw as an old BMW needing paint. Told me the auction price lol. Guy made good money off me but still gave it to me at a rock bottom price . I went back and told him and he came back with the crazy story about buying it off someone else. Thing is the paperwork was the paper trail. and it went from the second owner to the auction and to him. DMV cut both out because of the wonkiness of the whole transfer and I wound up third owner of record per the DMV. Though carfax has it as 5 owners lol. Fucking do not trust carfax either they get shit wrong.

It is possible this car ended up in someone else's hands before the dealership. I see it has a Cobb intake which definitely wasn't on the cars at the racing school when I went in Utah. I'm not sure if that is something added on when they moved to Charlotte.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It is possible this car ended up in someone else's hands before the dealership. I see it has a Cobb intake which definitely wasn't on the cars at the racing school when I went in Utah. I'm not sure if that is something added on when they moved to Charlotte.
I don’t see why they would it does not add anything power wise.

Had to join just to add my two cents to the thread. Been looking at FiST's for a few months now. Saw this add and did the same thing you all did. Contacted the dealership and told em " hey, I'm not opposed to ya'll making money, but 5k is a whole lot of mark up". I hit em at 11K to see if they would bite. They came back at 13,5. Yeah, no thanks. For the record its still up for sale. Thinking about hitting them up again now that its been a month and see if they've changed their tune to run a little less rich ; )

BTW: When I originally contacted him they said they got it straight from the auto auction so you guys must have taught them a lesson before I got to em.