Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2020

Mike Dege

This is what's going down Thursday. Karts. Anybody want to join me?

GoPro Motorplex

130 Motorplex Dr, Mooresville, NC 28115
(704) 696-2926

https://g.co/kgs/V6yH9V

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
I'm getting in around noon. I'd love to check this out. What time are you going? Looks like they're open until 8pm.

I'm getting in around noon. I'd love to check this out. What time are you going? Looks like they're open until 8pm.
I'm going to try and be there around 6. If anyone is interested in joining. I'll be wearing a ford hat. My name is Ed. PM me if you'd like my phone number. Love to meet up with you guys.

But big disclaimer - we got a LONG drive tomorrow (from FL) so it's very possible we could encounter setbacks.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Can i start blaming my poor performance tomorrow on the weather? lol

The rain will clear today for the go karts by noon, but tomorrow does NOT look good. 70% chance of rain.

There are two indoor tracks, one in Mooresville and one in Concord. My Nascar buddy said go to the one in concord.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm going to try and be there around 6. If anyone is interested in joining. I'll be wearing a ford hat. My name is Ed. PM me if you'd like my phone number. Love to meet up with you guys.

But big disclaimer - we got a LONG drive tomorrow (from FL) so it's very possible we could encounter setbacks.
Ed, does it look like mine? LoL

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Not quite. Mines just the generic. But just got off the phone with GoPro and it's raining down hard there. Going to k1 instead (electric karts but...better than nothing).
I never heard from you. I just left 10 min ago. I got in 2 sessions before the rain.

Last edited:
Man I’m so pumped, I’m going on October 28 and I can’t wait! Seeing all these pictures just gets me that much more excited. The next month will probably drag by now. Anyone else going then? My son and I will be down the afternoon of the 27th and I was planning on K1 Karts that evening.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Man I’m so pumped, I’m going on October 28 and I can’t wait! Seeing all these pictures just gets me that much more excited. The next month will probably drag by now. Anyone else going then? My son and I will be down the afternoon of the 27th and I was planning on K1 Karts that evening.
It is a lot of fun if you've never done anything remotely reckless or autocross. Okay, it's still fun. While driving is great, riding with the instructor was awesome. I would love to ride along laps in the Mustang w/an instructor just for the thrill.

I have some action and phone cam footage that I'll post, but I'm slow to get things done.

The K1 karts are great, but outdoor Karting at gorpro with a huge track...priceless.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

I have never done a school or anything so I’m really looking forward to it!
I actually have done a ride along up at VIR in a new GT350, there really are no words! It was unlike anything else.
When the FIST was new back in 2014 I actually got a ride along with a Ford Racing instructor around the Roval at Charlotte and it hooked me on the FIST. You can ask anyone that I know and I wouldn’t shut up about this little car for years. Luckily I was able to finally buy one last year and I couldn’t enjoy it more. I drive it daily and I’ve already got 29k on it after just a year and a half but that’s what I got it for!
Thanks for the info man, I can’t wait!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Last edited:
I have the STOA Urban X results from March. We had some good drivers in our group. SteveS & I represented the Forum well with 2nd & 3rd. “Respect”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Especially when you consider that the ST is my wife's car and up to that point I had probably only driven it about 10 hours total, most of that highway mileage to visit my parents and her parents a couple of time.