Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST180 Kill switch

I’ve been thinking of adding a kill switch to my 2015 ST180 (UK model if it makes a difference). I’ve put it off because the fuel pump relay is under the bonnet and a big pain apparently. However, with a recent spate of car robberies in my area (and a golf robbed 2 nights ago) I’ve been taking out my relays and it’s a pain. So back to the kill switch.

I was thinking of adding one on the starter motor relay as it’s behind the glove box. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the relay?

Better yet, has anyone got any advice for installing a kill switch be it on the ignition, fuel pump or starter relay? There’s a few threads on this but not a lot of info.

I know we have immobilisers and all that but if I can do more stuff to make it more difficult to steal it’s a win win. Have a wheel lock already and I don’t want to fork out 400 quid on an aftermarket immobiliser.

Any tips/trick/advice is greatly appreciated as you’ll be helping me sleep better at night!

The most budget friendly way to do this would be to buy a simple switch and access the fuel pump and just run it in between one of those wires. mounting the switch somewhere in between the floor and seats, or behind the seatbelt area could be ideal.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
The most budget friendly way to do this would be to buy a simple switch and access the fuel pump and just run it in between one of those wires. mounting the switch somewhere in between the floor and seats, or behind the seatbelt area could be ideal.
That’s the idea but I don’t have the wiring diagram for the fuel pump. Do you mean tap into the actual fuel pump under the back seat?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had kill switches professionally installed somwhere on both of our cars. They are hidden and wired to the starter motor. $65 installed here in LA.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I had kill switches professionally installed somwhere on both of our cars. They are hidden and wired to the starter motor. $65 installed here in LA.
Nice any issues with it at all? I doubt you have the details such as the PIN number it’s wired to?