Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 airbox vs stock box

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 3" exhaust works very well, thank you.
Remember a boosted engine does not require backpressure to help scavenge the exhaust like a NA engine does.
But yes the turbo inlet pipe is a problem.
That is why I upgraded mine a long time ago.
The only restriction I have is the turbo itself but that I don't wish to change at this time.

Dave
The Turbo inlet pipe is the Big plastic one that runs down the back.....Correct? The one that whoosh sells by Ramair is the one you are talking about? If that's the case don't you worry about heat soak and the factory one is plastic and that has a harder time heat soaking In GMC Typhoon and Syclone world the pipe that would run from the air filter to the Turbo could get brittle and yeap you guessed it ...Break apart and get sucking into the Turbo....and Kaboom...No more turbo! [:(] I do think the plastic is of higher quality than it was in 1992.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My 3" exhaust works very well, thank you.

I have one as well (CP-E Nexus), since I want/need the sound, as the factory system was way way too 'dead quiet' for my tastes, but I will accept that it is not giving me any (measurable) power over the factory system. ;)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The Turbo inlet pipe is the Big plastic one that runs down the back.....Correct? The one that whoosh sells by Ramair is the one you are talking about? If that's the case don't you worry about heat soak and the factory one is plastic and that has a harder time heat soaking In GMC Typhoon and Syclone world the pipe that would run from the air filter to the Turbo could get brittle and yeap you guessed it ...Break apart and get sucking into the Turbo....and Kaboom...No more turbo! [:(] I do think the plastic is of higher quality than it was in 1992.
No, the turbo inlet tube is the 90 degree plastic tube at the input of the turbo and end of that crossover pipe.
Heat soak is not a problem if you wrap it.

Dave

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I currently have a Garrett awaiting install in a tote in my basement. That day is rapidly approaching.....[raceflag]. So I think I'm not gonna have that problem after the turbo upgrade.[like]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
With a BigMouth intake providing positive pressure to the box at speed, doesn't having a hole in the bottom of it negate that advantage? Your pressure goes right out the hole.
I want cold air, so I think the stock box with a BigMouth is the way to go. UNLESS it can be proven that some brand of round filter flows better, it still has to go through the induction hose, so it may not matter.
Originally Posted by VelossaTech View Post
You should be OK with or without a forward facing tube. Since the engine is always 'sucking' at WOT and max load, it will always request air it wants, the hole at the bottom is just going to be another inlet for the filter to pull air from. Having the bottom hole facing forward with the mini duct is a plus (just as AzNightmare pointed out) but wont make or break the setup. From the testing we've done, your box will be fine, there is a grey area on 'how sealed' the box should be. It doesnt need to be perfectly hermetic since the engine is producing negative pressure (sucking) and the big mouth will be supplying 'most' of the air even if there is another opening somewhere.

I've spent the past 9 years in a SVT Focus so I've got a bit of catching up to do. I've had my fiesta almost a year and I know I'm about to sound a bit like James May. The previous owner fitted many things, including a cobb intake. In the process of fitting the cobb intake he clearly thought it was a good idea to chop some holes in the stock airbox. I see what he was trying to achieve, but when my child was 3 he could have done a better job. There's jagged edges and the holes aren't round or square and I can't stand the shoddy work. I've been looking around for options other than buying a new stock airbox.
Will the ST200 airbox work with the cobb air intake?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've spent the past 9 years in a SVT Focus so I've got a bit of catching up to do. I've had my fiesta almost a year and I know I'm about to sound a bit like James May. The previous owner fitted many things, including a cobb intake. In the process of fitting the cobb intake he clearly thought it was a good idea to chop some holes in the stock airbox. I see what he was trying to achieve, but when my child was 3 he could have done a better job. There's jagged edges and the holes aren't round or square and I can't stand the shoddy work. I've been looking around for options other than buying a new stock airbox.
Will the ST200 airbox work with the cobb air intake?
Just the intake hose? That goes from the air box to the crossover pipe? If yes...then it will work with st200 box.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Just the intake hose? That goes from the air box to the crossover pipe? If yes...then it will work with st200 box.

Yes... I think.

Fiesta ST Cobb Intake
Price: $325.00
This is exactly what I have. Just want to make sure that top piece that is screwed to the stock airbox will also attach to the ST200 airbox.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yes... I think.

This is exactly what I have. Just want to make sure that top piece that is screwed to the stock airbox will also attach to the ST200 airbox.
I can confirm the top piece will certainly work as it matches the lid of the stock airbox. The only potential issue is the depth of the ST200 airbox vs. OEM airbox using the COBB filter

What is the length of the cone filter in the picture?

I can confirm the top piece will certainly work as it matches the lid of the stock airbox. The only potential issue is the depth of the ST200 airbox vs. OEM airbox using the COBB filter

What is the length of the cone filter in the picture?
Awesome, thanks Ron.
The COBB cone filter is 6in long.

Hello everybody. Im writing from Spain

Has anyone tried this admission? [confused]

Pippercross PK363
pipercross-induction-kit-ford-fiesta-mk7-1.25-16v-10-08-pk363-[2]-7692-p.jpg
s-l300.jpg

This is how it would look once placed
203842007-w988-h556.jpg

Did you ever confirm if you could use the COBB CAI in conjunction with an ST200 airbox?
Yes it does work, mostly. You have to make sure the end of the cone filter is nestled right in the bottom hole of the st200 airbox and even then the lid bulges just a bit. I've tried to find a 5-5.5" cone filter but no luck. My airflow did show some improvement though, 21-ish lbs/min before 22-ish after.

So looking at the ST200 airbox... the top of the airbox is the exact same part number as the standard ST... the S duct is the exact same part number as the standard ST... why don't they just sell the bottom of the box which is imprinted as pn G1BY-9A612-AA??? And the hose, the rest are the same exact part it seems, what a waste! And like the install videos replacing everything, all you had to replace was the bottom piece and add the hose. Anyone have any facts showing otherwise?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
So looking at the ST200 airbox... the top of the airbox is the exact same part number as the standard ST... the S duct is the exact same part number as the standard ST... why don't they just sell the bottom of the box which is imprinted as pn G1BY-9A612-AA??? And the hose, the rest are the same exact part it seems, what a waste! And like the install videos replacing everything, all you had to replace was the bottom piece and add the hose. Anyone have any facts showing otherwise?
Nope. As you said everything but the bottom is the same. Got a new MAP sensor and filter out of the deal so there's that.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nope. As you said everything but the bottom is the same. Got a new MAP sensor and filter out of the deal so there's that.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk
Map sensor is in the intake manifold*